C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 01:56 PM
C5Ryan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch recomendations

alright, so my motor is getting pulled out to get a forged rotating assembly. car will be a heads/cam/intake with a minimum of 200 shot. currently have a spec stage 2 in the car and dont know how long it will hold up if I keep it. basically im looking for a clutch that can handle 800 lb\ft. I do not want a puck clutch and dont know if funds will be there for a twin disc. I know the spec stage 3+ can handle the power but not sure about it. ive heard problems with specs at high rpms. ill be reving to about 7300 rpm. havnt had any problems with my stage 2. it was in the car when I bought it a bolt on car. anyway. looking for suggestions.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:34 PM
steven31371
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Mantic Twin disc is about the best clutch out there, and reasonably priced at ECS

IMHO
Old 12-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Rick@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by C5Ryan
alright, so my motor is getting pulled out to get a forged rotating assembly. car will be a heads/cam/intake with a minimum of 200 shot. currently have a spec stage 2 in the car and dont know how long it will hold up if I keep it. basically im looking for a clutch that can handle 800 lb\ft. I do not want a puck clutch and dont know if funds will be there for a twin disc. I know the spec stage 3+ can handle the power but not sure about it. ive heard problems with specs at high rpms. ill be reving to about 7300 rpm. havnt had any problems with my stage 2. it was in the car when I bought it a bolt on car. anyway. looking for suggestions.
It might be time to upgrade to a nice twin disc. We are a dealer and carry RPS, Mantic and Monster (twin discs) to choose from. Let us know if we can help.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:02 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,090 Likes on 658 Posts

Originally Posted by steven31371
The Mantic Twin disc is about the best clutch out there, and reasonably priced at ECS

IMHO

Thanks!

OP, we are offering great end of season deals on the Mantic clutches and have them in stock ready to ship. We also have all the accessories if needed such as;
remote bleeders
clutch pedal stops
adjustable masters
pilot bearings
(the slave and throw out bearing come with the twin already)

Feel free to call, PM, or e-mail us at sales@eastcoastsupercharging.com

Thanks!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:17 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I ran a Spec 3+ for a while...hated it. Grabby and wouldn't shift at high RPM even with a Tick master in it.

I run an RPS CC Dual Street Lite now and it's a great clutch.

Get notified of new replies

To clutch recomendations

Quick Reply: clutch recomendations