C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are c6 wheels and tires on my c5 ok?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 11:23 PM
StevieB
Le Mans Master

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

Default Are c6 wheels and tires on my c5 ok?

I replaced my OEM C5 wheels and tires recently to OEM 19/18 C6 wheels and tires. I was initially contacting this company to inquire about pricing and installation for a supercharger. I needed new tires anyway and the company offered me a deal on some C6 tires and wheels that they had in their inventory. The cost for the C6 tires and wheels was such a good deal I decided to make the change. I didn’t check the diameter between the C6 and C5 wheels and tires to see if they were the same out of sheer ignorance on my part. They are a very well respected tuner here in the north area of Chicago. I was assured by the company (I won’t say disparaging remarks about this company specifically) that this in fact was a proper, with no problem thing to do. It was recently brought to my attention that there could be a problem with this change. So, I guess my question is;

Is the swap to the C6 wheels and tires anything that I should be concerned about?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated,
Steve
Old 11-27-2012, 01:17 AM
dblerman
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You will be fine. PLENTY of people running factory C6 rims on their C5. You will need 1/4" spacers for the rear though.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:33 AM
NukeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

C6 wheels are fine, its the C6 Z06 wheels that dont from what I have heard.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:43 PM
andrec10
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Work just fine with 7/32 spacers in rear...

Old 11-27-2012, 03:49 PM
cdkcorvette7
Tech Contributor

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

You'll need spacers or the rears will look horrible (IMHO). Try a search, this has been covered a lot. The C6 wheels are one inch larger in diameter and fill out the wheel well much better. The offsets are different hence the need for spacers...

Get notified of new replies

To Are c6 wheels and tires on my c5 ok?

Quick Reply: Are c6 wheels and tires on my c5 ok?