C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch pedal stuck to the floor

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Cee5Go
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch pedal stuck to the floor

Fellas should I go with the slave and clutch kit from GM or go with aftermarket slave and kit. If aftermarket any recommendations and where to buy.

1999 vette unmolested(no mods) with normal driving.

oh yeah. Clutch master cylinder almost empty and fluid is leaking from bellhousing slighty to the right side of the car. (passseger side)

Last edited by Cee5Go; 11-13-2012 at 03:49 PM. Reason: mispelling
Old 11-13-2012, 03:18 PM
bumble-z
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

You will have many trouble free miles, going with the stock GM parts.
Replace the clutch, pressure plate, fly wheel, pilot bearing, slave with throw out bearing, clutch master cylinder.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:01 PM
cdkcorvette7
Tech Contributor

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee5Go
Fellas should I go with the slave and clutch kit from GM or go with aftermarket slave and kit. If aftermarket any recommendations and where to buy.

1999 vette unmolested(no mods) with normal driving.

oh yeah. Clutch master cylinder almost empty and fluid is leaking from bellhousing slighty to the right side of the car. (passseger side)
LS6 or LS7 clutch kits will be fine for your stock vette. I agree with everything bumble-z said on replacement parts except the master cylinder. If it's not bad there's no need to replace it preventatively as the drivetrain does not have to come out to access it as is the case for all the other components. If you do elect to replace it I'd highly recommend a tick master cylinder over the stock one. I would also suggest you look into adding a remote bleeder line off the slave.

You should also inspect your torque tube bushings while everything is apart. They are known to deteriorate and if they're on their way out you may as well replace them too instead of going through all the labor twice.

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch pedal stuck to the floor

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal stuck to the floor