C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulsating Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 12:42 PM
MR.G.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulsating Brakes

I just finished doing the brakes on my 1998 Vert for the 2nd time. When I purchased the car the pads were 50% so I drove her another year with the brakes pulsating then. The rotors had alread been turned so I decided to do carbon ceramic pads and new rotors (wear__er) brand. I broke them in as described in this forum. Still pulsating so I took them back to Adv__ce Auto and they gave me a new set. Still pulsating. The front end is tight with C-6 Z06 sway bars and shocks no play in the steering anywhere 73 K mi on the clock. Could it be possible to get two sets of pulsating rotors, " brand new". BTW they store them laying flat. When applying the brakes it doesn't pull in either direction. I have a friend that works at a parts store and he is going to check the true them just to eliminate the possibility of getting untrue rotors from the factory. Any other ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Mike
Old 10-20-2012, 02:43 PM
tommie
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

i have put on brand new rotors that were warped during shipping..... take them off and have them machined
Old 10-20-2012, 06:28 PM
MR.G.
Instructor

Will do tommie. Thanks for your advice.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:35 PM
cardoza
Navigator

Originally Posted by MR.G.
I just finished doing the brakes on my 1998 Vert for the 2nd time. When I purchased the car the pads were 50% so I drove her another year with the brakes pulsating then. The rotors had alread been turned so I decided to do carbon ceramic pads and new rotors (wear__er) brand. I broke them in as described in this forum. Still pulsating so I took them back to Adv__ce Auto and they gave me a new set. Still pulsating. The front end is tight with C-6 Z06 sway bars and shocks no play in the steering anywhere 73 K mi on the clock. Could it be possible to get two sets of pulsating rotors, " brand new". BTW they store them laying flat. When applying the brakes it doesn't pull in either direction. I have a friend that works at a parts store and he is going to check the true them just to eliminate the possibility of getting untrue rotors from the factory. Any other ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Mike
Find a shop or dealer with a "Pro-Cut" on car lathe and have rotors matched to the hubs.
Lou/quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:22 PM
87SAM
Safety Car

Received 437 Likes on 250 Posts

Seems odd, two sets of rotors and the same issue. There may be more going on.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...es-needed.html

Get notified of new replies

To Pulsating Brakes

Quick Reply: Pulsating Brakes