C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water leak In Cabin

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 277 Likes on 85 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

Default Water leak In Cabin

Well today i got caught in some non forecasted (was suppose to be 10%) rain on my way home from work today. My car rarely sees rain so i made a discovery . There is a water leak inside the cabin of my 2001 Z06. I can feel light water dripping under my left foot right above the clutch (close to the knee bolster) and on the passenger side the carpet is wet on the part closest to the hood. Any ideas on what needs to be replaced so the water can stay outside?

-Maxx
Old 10-17-2012, 06:42 AM
trupp
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the FAQ at the top this is a common problem that has many sources. Check the drain udders under the wiper tray in the engine compartment. How about that rain yesterday.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:02 PM
n8dogg
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 327 Likes on 95 Posts

Check your A/C and wiper cowl drains. You can either remove the wiper arms and cowl to access the drains on the passenger side or remove the inner fender panels. A/C drain is just above the starter on the firewall.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

I agree that the water is most likely not draining out of the cowl in front of the windshiels. Remove the plastic cover and make sure that the cowl trough is clean...

Clean the drain utters on both sides. Your lucky that your windshield wiper motor controller didnt go crazy cause it was also under water in the trough.

UNDER THE COWL COVER:

DRIVERS SIDE UDDERS:

BEHIND THE BATTERY

Get notified of new replies

To Water leak In Cabin

Quick Reply: Water leak In Cabin