C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno #'s before and after bolt on mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Cutlassmaster
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 84 Posts

Default Dyno #'s before and after bolt on mods

Ok, just got back from the dyno. I have a 99 coupe with A4 3.15's, with about 54,500 miles on it. I dyno'ed back in Jan and with just:
Vararam
Diablo Predator tune

I had 307 Hp and 335 Tq at the wheels.

Since then I have added:
XSPower headers with cats
XSPower 3" catback
Fast 90 intake (not ported)
LS2 Throttle Body
1.8 Roller rockers
Catch can
Diablo tune by Lew

Now I am at 371 Hp and 382 Tq.

I love the way it sonds and noticed a very nice increase. It all starts just under 3,000 RPM and I would say it increases 15 Hp and 25 Tq just above 3k. Tq keeps growing all the way through 5,600 RPM.
So my guess is I have increased over stock by a good 75 Hp and 60 Tq.

Just wanted to share it since I have been smiling ear to ear all day. I personally thought that was a really good increase and that everything matched up and played well together.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:29 PM
mikex7
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

What would you say is the one item that added the most benefit?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Cutlassmaster
Burning Brakes

I would say the tune by Lew after the headers/cats/catback install. I ran around with out a real tune for about a month and then did it. Then ran around on that for about 3 months before doing the Fast intake, rockers and catch can. I was going to do one thing at a time and take to the Dyno each time but didn't want to wait each time and also invest the money I would have been paying for the dyno on more parts.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:11 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by mikex7
What would you say is the one item that added the most benefit?
There is no way to make that determination, unless you had a dyno engine test stand, and added on compoent...dyno'd.....removed component.....add different component...dyno....etc.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Bluesteve1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw this post on my thread. Those look like some great numbers. Did the Fast intake add anything? also what is this tune by lew? do you have a link to his site?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Cutlassmaster
Burning Brakes

I do agree with Lucky on that but according to my butt (it's a big one) what I said is my opinion.

I positive that the Fast intake did but I also did the 1.8 rockers at the same time. Lew is on here and does tuning remotely. You use a Diablo Predator or Intune to log it. Send to him and he modifies it and sends it back to you. You will have to do it several times but each time he dials it in closer. Usually about 3 or 4 times. He charges about $135 for the first year. During that year he will tune as many times as needed. Then after that he will charge $75 for a year. Lew could give you all the details. There are limitations but if you are not doing turbos, supercharger, heads or cam, then he can do it for you. Basically same as send away tune but without the headache of sending ECU in and being down for days. Plus you can return to stock anytime you want to. Lew goes by Montess06 or something like that. I can look it up later if you need it.

Get notified of new replies

To Dyno #'s before and after bolt on mods

Quick Reply: Dyno #'s before and after bolt on mods