C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Belt Light Stays One

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Uptospeed
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Seat Belt Light Stays One

Hello everybody,

I still have my 2000 C5 coupe manual transmission.

I have an automatic seat (driver side) with memory. When I get into the car, the automatic seat is out of adjustment.

When I try to adjust the seat with the switch(es) on the side of the seat, the seat sometimes moves all the way forward or backward -- it basically does what it wants to do.

Once it finishes doing its thing, I use the switch(es) on the side of the seat to try to set the seat position I want (sometimes the seat won't move forward or backward at all).

Eventually, after fiddlin' with it awhile, I can usually set the seat position good enough to drive the car.

The seat movement problem happened a few days ago, and the seat belt warning light came on, even though my seat belt was fastened.

The light stays on until I turn off the car.

I sprayed some electrical circuit spray inside the seat beat buckle and disconnected the car battery for 30 minutes to see if that would solve the problem.

I reconnected the battery, but the light still stays on, as before.

I'm out of ideas. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

UTS

P.S. I have played around with the memory buttons, but as far as I can tell they are unreliable.

P.P.S. I read somewhere that the air bag won't deploy if the seat belt warning light is on. Is that true?

Last edited by Uptospeed; 09-04-2012 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Seat Belt Light Stays On
Old 09-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Uptospeed
Advanced

Title should read, Seat Belt Light Stays On
Old 09-21-2013, 02:42 AM
lma_god
2nd Gear

Default Same problem...

Did you ever get a resolution to the light being on? I wanted to take apart the seat belt reciever and see if I can close the circuit so it always thinks my seat belt is on as I dont want to replace the reciever with a new one. Thanks, Kris

Get notified of new replies

To Seat Belt Light Stays One

Quick Reply: Seat Belt Light Stays One