C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water leak-Passenger side foot well

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2002, 06:49 PM
Chris99FRC
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Water leak-Passenger side foot well

It just started yesterday, I drove the car in the rain and I had the a/c on to defrost the windows and I noticed that it was dripping water down on the passenger foot area. The car was in the garage all last night and today. This evening, took the car out, a/c turned off and it is still dripping water. Anyone have any idea where this is coming from?
Old 05-27-2002, 07:28 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Default Re: Water leak-Passenger side foot well (Chris99FRC)

I've read threads that several members have posted with this problem. Turned out to be the A/C condensate drain tube located next to the footwell. When it gets clogged, it backs up into the passenger footwell. :yesnod:
Old 05-27-2002, 08:29 PM
Joe C5
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Water leak-Passenger side foot well (Chris99FRC)

It is also worth noting that if you do not fix the leak, the BCM can get wet and bad things happen (car starts doing crazy things). Please fix it soon. If you have small hands you can just get at the tube on the firewall next to the battery box area. If you squeeze it, it usually will clear (water on floor :) ). Good luck.
Old 05-27-2002, 11:57 PM
TenaciousD
Pro

Default Re: Water leak-Passenger side foot well (Joe C5)

Exact same problem with mine just yesterday, looks like I'll have to try this fix out tomorrow morning.
Old 05-28-2002, 11:52 AM
TenaciousD
Pro

Default Re: Water leak-Passenger side foot well (TenaciousD)

In reading a post by C5Tech, he recommends enlarging the hole in the end of the elbow tube so a clog is less likely. I pulled mine off, enlarged the opening and then spent a frustrating 30 minutes or so getting it back on - there really is VERY little room back there if you go in from the top. I tested it out, and now water flows out just fine when running the A/C, and my BCM dried out ok, so all is well. I think I'll take the advice of covering the BCM with a plastic bag to stop the possibility of further problems!

p.s. as soon as I squeezed the tube a great deal of water flowed out, so I guess you could just give it a squeeze to clear it, but the opening in the drain tube is so small that I would be nervous about a re-occurence!

[Modified by TenaciousD, 10:54 AM 5/28/2002]
Old 05-28-2002, 11:55 AM
Flintstone
Drifting

Can you help me find the hose??

Looking in from the top, where do I look, and is it easier from the bottom with the car jacked up?

Just came back from a 9 hour trip, and it must have leaked a gallon of water into the footwell :cuss

F
Old 05-28-2002, 12:09 PM
TenaciousD
Pro

Default Re: Water leak-Passenger side foot well (Flintstone)

Here's a picture of the engine bay standing on the passenger side, with a pointer to where it is (use a flashlight as I did to highlight where it is):

It maybe is easier from below, although from investigation I don't see how it can be much easier, it really is jammed in the back there. Good luck!

[Modified by TenaciousD, 11:10 AM 5/28/2002]
Old 05-28-2002, 08:53 PM
Chris99FRC
Pro

Thanks for the info guys! Good to know I'm not alone on this one.
:cheers:
Old 07-30-2011, 12:11 PM
pbihomes
5th Gear

Originally Posted by ;3025311
Here's a picture of the engine bay standing on the passenger side, with a pointer to where it is (use a flashlight as I did to highlight where it is):

It maybe is easier from below, although from investigation I don't see how it can be much easier, it really is jammed in the back there. Good luck!

[Modified by TenaciousD, 11:10 AM 5/28/2002]
hi,

your picture of the tube behind the battery is not coming up for me. can you email it? pbihomes@aol.com I have this same problem.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:46 PM
rboineau
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If that footwell area has gotten wet, for God's sake get in there now and dry it out to protect your electronics!
Old 07-30-2011, 05:08 PM
pbihomes
5th Gear

Took the battery out and removed the rubber drain thing and it was filled with sludge. Cleaned it out and no problem putting it back in. Thanks for your help.

don
Old 07-21-2014, 10:08 PM
ianmcgee67179
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know if anyone even still sees this thread but I have had the same problem, and a little more. After a long trip, there was a lot of water leaking, first thought was a drain tube was clogged like my other vehicle before. But that same trip, a noise starter to happen when ever I had the fan or AC and I was turning left, after taking the fan out, I thought my fan was going bad because it was all rusted up, pretty bad and after getting a new fan, unclogging the udder tube, it is still leaking in the pass foot well and is still making the weird noise when ever I turn left and left only! Any one have any ideas cause I'm fresh out!
Old 07-21-2014, 10:29 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,217 Likes on 2,301 Posts

This thread was started 12 years ago, there's a good chance most won't read all the way to the end. I suggest you click on "new thread" and start one of your own to get more attention and up to date answers. Describe your symptoms and you'll get advice quickly.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:04 PM
ianmcgee67179
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

thanks! yeah I agree!

Get notified of new replies

To Water leak-Passenger side foot well

Quick Reply: Water leak-Passenger side foot well