C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

June2012.No blinkers, 95% will need NEW HAZ; No AUTO-DIM rearview?? got the fix??????

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 12:35 PM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default June2012.No blinkers, 95% will need NEW HAZ; No AUTO-DIM rearview?? got the fix??????

OLD INFO, but always new C5 owners here on the forum; I thought I was lucky on my 130,000 mile Z06 I just picked up with working blinkers.........2nd week in, not so lucky

1. Blinkers don't work, replace the hazard switch in the middle AC vent; If you have LED bulbs this may not apply to you......

Try this.....
place T/S in L or R, no blinker? thump on the switch a few dozen times, 90% of the time is will start working. Replace ASAP

Don't try this.....
letting the broken blinker fall off your priority list; picture how many accidents could potentially happen form lack of blinker, see the 18 wheeler in the rearview

Part is available from GM(Made in England by Lucas/got Jaguar?) for about $80(last time I ck'd), you can pull the dash or pull the HVAC and stereo to remove the Hazard switch

You could also use the aftermarket 'bypass' switch available from a few vendors

>>>>I replace them here in CT or Orlando FL, for $180 installed

Last edited by SteveDoten; 06-22-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:38 PM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VII Veteran

Not a glamorous post either, but the Auto-Dim

my 'new to me' 2003 Z06 has power to the rearview, but my autodim is inop, anyone else experience this??

Most likely I will find a new one and replace, not worth spending time on unless the fix is simple

Thanks in advance for the information
Old 06-24-2012, 04:00 PM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In VII Veteran

anyone with auto-dim inop?
Old 06-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Blue Angel
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My high mileage 02Z has just started to have issues with the turn signals not working. Three or four times now they've stopped working, and each time it happens I've pushed the hazard light switch and they start working again...

Which part is it that needs replacing? Is it just a flasher or something?
Old 06-24-2012, 11:02 PM
C54ever
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveDotenMotorsports
anyone with auto-dim inop?
Try this link. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...r-problem.html

Old 06-25-2012, 09:15 AM
Quicksilver Vert 01
Tech Contributor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by Blue Angel
Which part is it that needs replacing? Is it just a flasher or something?
The flasher is built into the hazard warning switch, and is replaced as a unit.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:34 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,585 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Like Steve stated,, the Emergency Flasher contains the Flasher for the LEFT and RIGHT turn signals & the Emergency Flasher. You can either replace the ENTIRE E Flasher OR you can add in a Blinker module that is sold by several Forum Vendors. Normally the Emergency flasher will still function normally even though the blinkers have failed.

The E Flasher module normally requires a substantial dash rip apart to remove it by the shop manual procedure. Someone figured out an easier quicker method to remove it. You remove the stereo head unit and release the LOWER catch on the Module. Then you use a wooden dowel or something similar to BUMP the module and the UPPER catch will dislodge and the module will pop out. You just snap the new one back in.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To June2012.No blinkers, 95% will need NEW HAZ; No AUTO-DIM rearview?? got the fix??????

Quick Reply: June2012.No blinkers, 95% will need NEW HAZ; No AUTO-DIM rearview?? got the fix??????