C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An ls2 intake or keep the stock ls6?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 06:08 PM
chevylad
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, this got angry pretty quick!

If I can find the guys who did the porting on the LS2, I'll post it. If I remember correctly (and that's not a given) they claimed the LS2 had problems leaking internally. What the outfit claimed to do was split it in half (it is already a two piece manifold, hence the leaking problems) port the manifold and seal it back up again. They claimed it would flow as well as a unported FAST 90 manifold.

Last time I looked, the porting/sealing was still around 300 to 400 bucks. If you already had an LS2 it might be worth it. If you had to spend 300 bucks on the manifold, you may as well buy a FAST.

The non-ported or sealed, there was supposedly only a tiny bit of advantage with the bigger throttle body (90mm).

I personaly don't know anybody running one of those ported/sealed LS2manifolds so it could be true or it could be an internet myth.

In the end it is all nonsense. Supercharge it and bypass the small stuff.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:19 PM
FLK-JR
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chevylad

If I can find the guys who did the porting on the LS2, I'll post it. If I remember correctly (and that's not a given) they claimed the LS2 had problems leaking internally. What the outfit claimed to do was split it in half (it is already a two piece manifold, hence the leaking problems) port the manifold and seal it back up again. They claimed it would flow as well as a unported FAST 90 manifold.

Last time I looked, the porting/sealing was still around 300 to 400 bucks. If you already had an LS2 it might be worth it. If you had to spend 300 bucks on the manifold, you may as well buy a FAST.

The non-ported or sealed, there was supposedly only a tiny bit of advantage with the bigger throttle body (90mm).

I personaly don't know anybody running one of those ported/sealed LS2manifolds so it could be true or it could be an internet myth.

"Supercharge it".... I can dig that!!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:34 PM
chevylad
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Google turned up a lot of companies who will port the LS2. It still 300 to 400 bucks to port plus you need a core.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:53 PM
nstyzo6
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, big THANK YOU to you sir.... For some ppl it's hard to give useful advice as such.

And that's why my questioned came up. I don't know if I heard or had read on here that a ported ls2 would be as good as a FAST90. My buddy had offered me his intake for next to nothing + a $250 port job & I'd still be under the cost of a FAST.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:42 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 80 Likes on 75 Posts

Google turned up a lot of companies who will port the LS2.
Google! How dare you

Quick Reply: An ls2 intake or keep the stock ls6?