C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ebcm c1214 question

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 11:03 PM
rootpooty
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ebcm c1214 question

I originally thought the c1214 code can only be thrown from the little relay inside the ebcm. i was about to ship mine off to abs fixer or purchase on from a local guy who wrecked is 01 (still waiting on a price from him). but then after doing numerous searches on here i find out that grounds also can trigger this code? earlier this year the service traction system would come on every now and then but after I took the car to a shop to have the rocker panels replaced the light was on and wont go away so im thinking the sensors maybe got loose in the hub?
Also, does anyone have a diagram on all possible grounds I should look at before I replace the ebcm? Ive done some searching but nothing came up and I would hate to replace the ebcm or send it to get fixed and still have the traction system issues
Old 05-13-2012, 01:16 AM
JAY KOCH
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check ou the lengthly Sticky on the C5 Tech page

"Sticky: IMPORTANT ELECTRICAL INFORMATION (Long!) ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Bill Curlee"

on the last page, post 1204 Bill has a review of the grounds.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1580...-post1204.html

Good luck.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:19 AM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

You can also try cleaning the connectors at the hubs.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:08 AM
BOUT X
Corvette Cowboy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Like they said but if you can't clear it you may need to fix it and absfixer is the place to go they have done 3 of them for me for friends in my local club. I have never found a ground short in the 3 I have done so good luck and hope you get her fix

Pops
Old 05-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

A couple of years after having my EBCM fixed at ABSfixer, I started getting a bad ground code. Cleaning all ground connections to the frame did nothing. Finally, I unplugged and plugged the two connectors to the EBCM, at least 3 times and haven't had a problem (code or warning lights) since then. That was well over a year ago.

The clue for the inconsistent ground connection at the connectors was that vibration, such as that from impact wrenches (replacing tires, for example) would make a temporary ground connection that would last a couple of weeks.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Trash
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Check out the DIY thread on repairing it. It involves removing the EBCM and re-sweating some suspect solder connections. This was a little daunting at first and other than getting the EBCM module cover plate off was not too difficult.

Get notified of new replies

To ebcm c1214 question

Quick Reply: ebcm c1214 question