C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roller rocker recomendation

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 08:08 AM
thetitan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roller rocker recomendation

I have a 98 with the perimeter bolt valve covers and stock cam. What manufacturers 1.8 or 1.85 roller rockers will fit under these valve covers without modification?
Thanks, Titan
Old 05-05-2012, 10:52 AM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Received 186 Likes on 169 Posts

Not positive but check the SLP's which are similar in design to stock. Any of the aluminum ones will likely require modifications.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:11 AM
corvettebob1
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

SLP will definitely fit and work fine, I ran them for 6 years before I changed my cam.
Just remember you will need to upgrade the springs at the same time, I used stock Z06 springs and they worked great.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:22 PM
thetitan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am definitely going to change the springs, pushrods and valve seals while I have it apart.
I was thinking of the Scorpion rockers, priced fairly.
I did not remove the valve covers in years, where do the rockers hit the valve covers? Any advice on the project is welcomed!!!
Titan
Old 05-06-2012, 12:11 PM
corvettebob1
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by thetitan
I am definitely going to change the springs, pushrods and valve seals while I have it apart.
I was thinking of the Scorpion rockers, priced fairly.
I did not remove the valve covers in years, where do the rockers hit the valve covers? Any advice on the project is welcomed!!!
Titan
When I did mine I was steered away from the Scorpions because of breakage issues.
The SLP's are made by the same co. that mfg. the stock rockers so the only thing that changes is the ratio and not the geomertery.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:30 PM
02*C5
Race Director

Received 106 Likes on 39 Posts

Ok why are you wanting to use these rockers. If you are using stock heads you are going to send the whole geometry of the heads off. there is a reason why you have people who are making upwards of 1000+ hp with stock lifters and only a trunnion upgrade on them and that is because they are the best most well balanced rocker out there for stock heads. Maybe if you gave a little more information we might be able to help but again if you are using stock heads stick with the stock rockers.

Another thing you have to take into account 99.9% of off the shelf ground cams are made to run with a 1.7 ratio rocker. Are you going ot have a custom cam ground for the different ratio rocker?

again we need more information to be able to give you the best advise possible.

right now I am building a 6L forged to use with a 200 shot of nitrous that will net me about 700 rwhp through a 4L60E and I am going to use stock rockers.

Get notified of new replies

To Roller rocker recomendation

Quick Reply: Roller rocker recomendation