C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the forums

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 11:27 PM
WickedC5A4
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forums

Hello everyone I am new here to the forums and also to the corvette community. I purchased a clean one owner 2001 c5 a4 about two weeks ago. I was in the market for a 6 spd. But the oppurnity came on a auto I couldn't pass. So here's what I got so far. I took the car to the track bone stock at Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown tx. And ran a best 13.59 @ 104. Not bad I Guess. Then I added a vararam CAI and a HP street tune and ran a best 13.03 @ 107. My next mods will be stall, headers, cam.

1. I think I'm convinced on the yank ss3200. Will this stall be good for street and strip. Without sacrificing drivability on the highway?

2. What cam will work good with this stall?

3. Will I see high 11s with these three mods along with a good wideband tune?

****side note my car has a 3.15 gear and 241 heads****
Old 04-18-2012, 01:07 AM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

Received 322 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by WickedC5A4
Hello everyone I am new here to the forums and also to the corvette community. I purchased a clean one owner 2001 c5 a4 about two weeks ago. I was in the market for a 6 spd. But the oppurnity came on a auto I couldn't pass. So here's what I got so far. I took the car to the track bone stock at Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown tx. And ran a best 13.59 @ 104. Not bad I Guess. Then I added a vararam CAI and a HP street tune and ran a best 13.03 @ 107. My next mods will be stall, headers, cam.

1. I think I'm convinced on the yank ss3200. Will this stall be good for street and strip. Without sacrificing drivability on the highway?

2. What cam will work good with this stall?

3. Will I see high 11s with these three mods along with a good wideband tune?

****side note my car has a 3.15 gear and 241 heads****
Welcome!

Interesting. My 2000 A4 with a Vararam and some sort of tune ran 13.05 @ 107. Otherwise stock. Others here have run those numbers stone stock. I also have the 3.15 gears.

Because our converters lock, you won't sacrifice anything on the highway.

I would think that converter would work great, and for a cam stay in the mid 220's for duration, 113-114 lobe sep for ease of tuning and add headers and you will be happy.
BTW....the stuff in my sig is in process, I haven't completed the work. I am hoping for bottom 11's.

Ron
Old 04-18-2012, 05:06 PM
tiojames
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I run a Comp 228/232 and there are no problems with street or highway driving. It has a nice lope, good bottom end and a 3200 hi-stall will be fine with it.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:48 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

I don't race but you may want to have your shift points and durations reset from stock. My tune gave me a virtual shift pattern that feels like one continuous gear all the way out....feels really nice....may shave a few milliseconds off your times, who knows?
Old 04-18-2012, 08:05 PM
HvyHitr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new vette and welcome to the forums.

I see the mod bug has got you already. There are a lot of people on this forum that have "been there done and bought the t shirt". READ READ READ and you will be amazed on the time and money you will save.

Good luck a the track!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:36 PM
WickedC5A4
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
I don't race but you may want to have your shift points and durations reset from stock. My tune gave me a virtual shift pattern that feels like one continuous gear all the way out....feels really nice....may shave a few milliseconds off your times, who knows?
My shifts points from 1st to 2nd are at 6300 rpms and from 2nd to 3rd are at 6400 rpms. Also is set a 27* timing..

Get notified of new replies

To New to the forums

Quick Reply: New to the forums