C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leaks and more!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Michael99Vette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default leaks and more!

99 Vette, automatic with a DTE 3.73 rear end. I have a very small rear end leak (brown colored drops, of what looks like oil under the rear end, when it sits awhile). I can't see where it's coming from... any ideas where to look? Plus, transmission leak. When it sits, there's no drops of fluid. When I back up it leaves a little trail of red fluid. First foot or so it's a solid trail the turns to drops. You would think I could find this but I can't... again, any ideas where to search? Plus, the temperature controls are not working properly. The "auto" doesn't work. When it is on, the "off" button doesn't shut it off. The temperature control dial will only only move one degree at a time. What I mean by this... say it's at 70 degrees and want it to 66. I have to turn the dial that 1 degree, wait for it to go back to the outside temp, then move 1 degree and repeat this process until I get to 66. Anyone ever have this problem before? Please help me if you can.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:24 PM
dlind4
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well my vette had a leak like that. I put her on ramps and found out the torque converter seal was leaking. At first I thought it might be the pan gasket but then I thought I'm not that lucky. Get underneath and see exactly where its coming from. As for the temp control I've heard of that problem but don't remember what the fix was.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Michael99Vette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you had your torque converter seal leak... did you repair it yourself or did it go to the shop? How much did it cost to fix it?
Thank you.
MIke

Get notified of new replies

To leaks and more!

Quick Reply: leaks and more!