C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What gets done with a Tech 2 after the mileage is already adjusted in new cluster?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 05:01 PM
DngrZne
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What gets done with a Tech 2 after the mileage is already adjusted in new cluster?

I'm installing a used HUD-enabled cluster in my 98. I called up Model Electronics since they are close to me to find out about getting the cluster programmed to match up with the mileage on the car now. He said that he would need both clusters to get the mileage programmed in, then I could install the new cluster, and then he would need the car to marry the new cluster to the car with the Tech 2. I was curious what is actually being programmed with the Tech 2. Is it telling the BCM that it is the correct cluster so it doesn't appear that the cluster was tampered with?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Quick Reply: What gets done with a Tech 2 after the mileage is already adjusted in new cluster?