C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed FX1-Pros w/Arizen sliders

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Installed FX1-Pros w/Arizen sliders

I have the FX1-Pro's installed in my '03 Coupe on the Arizen slider rails. I also added a Brey-Krauss harness bar with a 6-point G-Force harnesses. The stock belts fits well It feels very close to stock positioning and the belt only touches my lap (not the seat). It is barely visible in this pic:

I chopped the rear seat mounting pegs flush with the seat contour to get as low as possible. (note new Sawzall in background)

With respect to the lap harness mounts, I used the provided (outboard) hole on the Arizen rail.

As you can see I chopped off the end of the mounting hole on the rail . I did it for two reasons. First, the Brey-Krause harness bar utilizes the outboard rear seat mounting studs. Second, I personally feel that those rear lap mounting holes are too far rearward. This will place the lap belt at an angle less than the recommended 45 -55 degrees w.r.t the plane of the bottom of the seat.

For the inboard rail I utilized the same hole for the stock receptacle and the lap harness. This turned out to be too long and causes the seat to sit slightly cocked. I will remove the seats and delete the nut and use a washer or two.

All hardware was SAE Grade 8 with the exception of the bolt/nut that attaches the stock receptacle. It was the metric equivilant of Grade 8 (I forget the designation) and sized to the OEM factory mounting stud.

Last edited by Bluefire; 02-11-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:08 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

nice fabricating...it's too bad these vendors can't standardize something like these brackets so they go right in without all this extra work....
Old 02-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
nice fabricating...it's too bad these vendors can't standardize something like these brackets so they go right in without all this extra work....
Thank you, That is SOOOO TRUE. The entire process of installing after market seats ends up being one compromise after another (height, angle, harness mount locations, blah, blah, blah.)

I would have documented the entire process but I surely would have developed writer's cramps and an attitude.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

To answer most of the fitment questions I have read with other seat install posts:

Height/headroom:
I am 5'11". With this seat installed I have ~ 1 - 1.5" of headroom (recall I removed the rear seat pegs). Unfortunately, my helmet slightly rubbed the headliner. I took the rear portion of the seat bottom cushions to an upholstry shop. They sculpted out a "butt cut" from the foam. This lowered me almost another inch. Now the helmet has ~1" of clearance.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:54 PM
c5sean85
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my brackets bolt to the bottom of the seat.....
Old 12-14-2016, 06:35 PM
legomaster141
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is an old thread, but how much slider room do you get forward to back with this mounting setup? I'm pretty short (5'5"), but I don't want to permanently mount it, that way other normally sized people can fit in the car.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:34 AM
bigmackloud
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

I have the Corbeau FX1 Pro seats and Marrad (Arizen) mounts and slides.

You'll have some adjustment beyond just the sliders. As seen in the 3rd picture above, the L brackets that bolt to the side of the seats have multiple oblong holes used to bolt the L bracket to the sliders. So you can adjust the seat brackets to a more forward position on the sliders. The sliders have a good range of motion.

It will take several trial fitments to get it right, because to get a good range of motion, you have to avoid interference with the center console also. But you can't move the seat too far left or you hit the door, or you're noticeably off-center from the steering wheel.

I actually had to do this, even though I'm 5'10", as I wanted to be a bit closer to the wheel for a better arm position at the track.

For taller folks, remember it's a trade off. The seat tracks are ramped, so as you move the seat forward, you also move it up vertically. So it's a balancing action with head room.

Here's a video I did of the installation that might be helpful.

Old 12-16-2016, 04:48 PM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by bigmackloud
I have the Corbeau FX1 Pro seats and Marrad (Arizen) mounts and slides.

You'll have some adjustment beyond just the sliders. As seen in the 3rd picture above, the L brackets that bolt to the side of the seats have multiple oblong holes used to bolt the L bracket to the sliders. So you can adjust the seat brackets to a more forward position on the sliders. The sliders have a good range of motion.

It will take several trial fitments to get it right, because to get a good range of motion, you have to avoid interference with the center console also. But you can't move the seat too far left or you hit the door, or you're noticeably off-center from the steering wheel.

I actually had to do this, even though I'm 5'10", as I wanted to be a bit closer to the wheel for a better arm position at the track.

For taller folks, remember it's a trade off. The seat tracks are ramped, so as you move the seat forward, you also move it up vertically. So it's a balancing action with head room.

Here's a video I did of the installation that might be helpful.

https://youtu.be/FEBH4C9pIVU
That is an excellent video. Nice work! I think you answered all of the thread revival questions.

Last edited by Bluefire; 12-16-2016 at 04:49 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Installed FX1-Pros w/Arizen sliders

Quick Reply: Installed FX1-Pros w/Arizen sliders