C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPE's Remote Clutch Bleeder - Great Stocking Stuffer!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Jennifer @ TPE
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12
Default TPE's Remote Clutch Bleeder

Although there are other remote clutch bleeders on the market, many have had their downfalls such as seeping, improper fitment, and difficulty of use.

In order to avoid these issues, we had new stainless steel fittings made that are the exact depth, thread pitch, and taper of the factory slave bleeder fitting. This guarantees a perfect fit, with no chance of leaking. On the other end of this fitting, we machined it to allow for a -3 an male fitting. We also measured out the proper length of line that we needed to run properly up to the brake booster. It is teflon coated -3an brake bleeder line, with stainless steel exterior sleeving. Our bleeder runs a special machined fitting that is permanently pressed onto the -3 an line, and works perfectly with the speed bleeder, with a male and a female fitting with the exact same taper and thread pitch of each other. This COMPLETELY eliminated the necessity of cranking down the fitting. You can now tighten it just like your brakes.

Notice the difference between our slave bleeder fitting and that used by another company.

This clutch bleeder line comes with 2 small brackets. One bracket is attached to the line with an e-clip, while the other bracket mounts to the outer 15mm bolt on the master cylinder assembly. (At the base of the brake booster). When this kit is installed, it looks 100% factory, and is out of the way of all components of the car.

We also include 4' of clear hose that, when you choose to bleed your clutch, routes safely over your fender, and into a disposable bottle (not included). When you need to bleed or completely flush your clutch system, all you need to do, is slip on the clear hose, open your clutch master cylinder, insert the hose into a bottle, crack the fitting approx 1/8 of a turn, and pump away. There is no need to build pressure, and keep opening and closing. Since the bleeder fitting is spring loaded, it shuts every time there is no fluid being pushed. All you need to do, is make sure you dont drain your m/c. From start to finish, you can completely flush your system in less than 5 minutes. If you are a shop, and have a vacuum bleeder kit, its even faster. When your all done, you simply lightly tighten the speed bleeder, install the dust cap, and top off your fluid. Its that simple.

We have 90 of these kits in stock, and are able to ship immediatly.

We have kits for both the C5 and the C6!

Kits are $89.95 + $10 shipping

You can place your order via credit card over the phone by calling us here at the shop at (702) 632-0270 or send payment via paypal to Jeff@totalperformanceengineering.com. Be sure to let us know if this is for a C5 or a C6 so that we include the proper fitting.

One last thing. These bleeder kits come with a 3 year warranty against leaking, seeping, or faulty speed bleeder. So if you change clutches multiple times, and it leaks, we will replace the faulty part free of charge.

Being that virtually every tuner shop in the country who installs clutches into these cars, uses some version of a remote bleeder, we do have a dealer program. So vendors, give us a call if you need 1 or 100 of these. We do have special CF Vendor pricing.

Total Performance Engineering
6867 Speedway Blvd., R-104
Las Vegas, NV 89115
(702) 632-0270
sales@corvettetuners.com

Last edited by Jennifer @ TPE; 01-03-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:27 PM
ZedO6
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Might be a stupid question, can this remote bleeder install WITHOUT doing a clutch simply by R & R'ing the existing bleeder screw? I haven't been into my C5's clutch yet. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:15 PM
bumble-z
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Not a stupid question at all.
There was a write up or two on this very subject .
It's do able....but would be quite difficult, especially if you have long tube headers installed.
There is a write up by member andrewdonald1, who was able to do this
install with out having the drive line a part.
He didn't have long tubes installed.
Good luck.

PS. This remote bleeder that TPE offers is a very nice unit.
If they were to offer FREE SHIPPING, I'd go ahead & pull the trigger... & I all ready have a brand new
remote bleeder but from a different vendor, setting out on the shelf of my garage.

Last edited by bumble-z; 12-24-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:12 PM
Z06supercharged
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is the ONLY remote bleeder I would ever use. Ive had 3 other kinds that leaked because they were not made with reliable fittings that sealed to the flare and were pos.
I guess they could charge $99.95 and say free shipping and everyone would be happy then...

Even with $10 shipping this item is a no brainer.

And yes ive changed one out with driveline intact one time but first one that failed I couldnt get to it without dropping/pulling driveline back. It depends how long the actual fitting section is wrench needs to go on. Some stick out far enough you can reach it while others are sunk down below surface.

Last edited by Z06supercharged; 12-25-2011 at 01:08 AM.
The following users liked this post:
MrRight (11-17-2018)
Old 12-25-2011, 12:23 AM
ZedO6
Burning Brakes

It's doable...here's the link

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...n-removal.html
Old 12-25-2011, 05:13 PM
jgump
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I did it using the cut down and modified box end wrench.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Jennifer @ TPE
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Thank you for the wonderful compliments. We are very proud of this product. We are actually in talks to get this picked up by a couple of the larger parts suppliers. Unfortunitely this may result in a slight price increase, so we wanted to make sure that we offered it to the forum members now at its current price.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Jennifer @ TPE
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

ttt
Old 12-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Jennifer @ TPE
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Thank you for your orders. We still have plenty of kits in stock
Old 01-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Jennifer @ TPE
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

I just got the last of the orders we received over the weekend packaged up. If you have not received your tracking number please let me know and I will forward it right away.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Jennifer @ TPE
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Got 2 more bleeders going out today Thank you for your continued orders!
Old 02-11-2012, 11:06 PM
ZedO6
Burning Brakes

Ready to buy one...left messages, sent emails..
Old 02-11-2012, 11:28 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

I bought one of these awhile back and compaired to others out there this thing is the best.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Jennifer @ TPE
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by ZedO6
Ready to buy one...left messages, sent emails..
Sorry we have been in and out of the office all week. I saw that Jeff emailed you Friday and you responded that you still need it. You can send payment via paypal to jeff@totalperformanceengineering.com or give us a call on Monday. We will be out of the office from noon to 2ish, but will be in the rest of the day.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:35 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

There should be no sitting on the fence about this product. If you need /want a remote bleeder this is the kit. Open up your wallets and buy it. I bought a different brand that admittedly was cheaper before I saw the TPE kit. I bought this kit and returned the other. When you see both of them you will be able to tell the difference immediately. A better fitting, nicely finished hose and a very professional looking bracket setup for mounting the free end. I have just done a clutch job on my Z and filled the hydraulic system and bled it by myself in minutes! And it looks like it belongs in the engine compartment. The fiting is easy to access when installed.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:57 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

i just installed mine last week... i am glad i bought this kit before buying one from another company... i agree with the posters above, it is the best and only kit to get and the quality is great... even better, it was very easy to install without having to remove the drivetrain
Old 03-10-2012, 10:30 PM
bumble-z
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by neutron82
i just installed mine last week... i am glad i bought this kit before buying one from another company... i agree with the posters above, it is the best and only kit to get and the quality is great... even better, it was very easy to install without having to remove the drivetrain
Install......Boy thats vague.
Please list your step x step for us with curious minds.
Guessing no long tubes.

Thanks,neutron82.
I understand now, that you indeed had the long tubes out of the way & the inspection plate,t/plate & x/pipe out of the way, too.
Good job!

Last edited by bumble-z; 03-11-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To TPE's Remote Clutch Bleeder - Great Stocking Stuffer!

Old 03-10-2012, 10:58 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by bumble-z
Install......Boy thats vague.
Please list your step x step for us with curious minds.
Guessing no long tubes.
yes i have lg super pros but i installed the tpe bleeder in the process of installing the headers... remove your h/x pipe, tunnel plate, and inspection cover from the bellhousing to give you more room to see... remove the factory bleeder, i used a stubby open end 11mm wrench to crack it loose then unscrewed it with the tips of my fingers... then i used a 1/4" drive 7/16" deep socket with a 1/4" drive craftsman socket cap and a stubby open end wrench (forgot the size off the top of my head, i will have to check later on) to install and tighten the new bleeder... then i used a cut off wheel to shorten a 1/2" box end wrench and i cut part of the box end out to allow me to fit the wrench around the steel braided line to tighten the fitting that goes on the bleeder, kinda like an o2 sensor socket... if you can wait until monday i will bring the tools home that i used and either pm you pics of them or i will post them in this thread if tpe doesn't mind... i was a little worried about this install since some people say it is a pita but i was surprised at how easy it really was... it probably took 20 mins to install and have my clutch completely flushed out with new fluid... i already had everything out of the way so you have to take that into account as well
Old 04-05-2012, 05:59 AM
whyaskwhy
Advanced

How much to ship to Canada ? I don't want to get raped by UPS and their min charge for broker fee's of 75.00 I can wait a few weeks for the old fashion mail system !!!
Old 05-13-2012, 08:47 PM
knewblewkorvette
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,709 Likes on 1,670 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-
'23-'24

Still selling these?

Quick Reply: TPE's Remote Clutch Bleeder - Great Stocking Stuffer!