C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Supporting Vendor - C5 Steering Column Lock and Skip Shift Products!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 04:59 PM
ComplianceParts
Supporting Vendor

Received 25 Likes on 1 Post

Default New Supporting Vendor - C5 Steering Column Lock and Skip Shift Products!

Hi All. We at Compliance Parts are thrilled to be a new CorvetteForum supporting vendor! My name is Rick, and I've personally been a forum member since 2005.

We have a couple of products for C5s that should interest some of you enough to head over to our website, complianceparts.com and take a look...and maybe even buy something. Rather than just leave you with that tease to get you to our website, I’ll give you a brief introduction to them here:

LMC5 – Steering Column Lock Module - $37.00

This is our steering column lock module that works in every 1997-2004 Corvette, and prevents and fixes virtually every C5 column lock problem by completely simulating a normally functioning steering column lock system. The LMC5 replaces the entire column lock system with one module that's easy to install in the passenger side footwell with NO dash disassembly. It uses all solid state circuitry, with no moving parts, and is completely encapsulated to protect it from moisture and other physical damage.

Installing the LMC5 makes no permanent modifications to your Corvette, and requires no testing or diagnostics of any kind. Since the LMC5 isolates the BCM and bypasses the entire column lock system, it doesn’t matter whether or not you’ve had any recalls done, a k harness installed, etc. You can install the LMC5 no matter what you’ve got – without removing or changing any of those modifications.

The LMC5 stops the column lock related, Service Column Lock, and Pull Key, Wait 10 Seconds, messages. It also stops the 2 mph fuel cut-off - with no PCM reprogramming required.

The LMC5 works by detecting the column lock signals from the BCM, and feeding the right signals back to the BCM at the right time. The BCM interprets these actions as a properly functioning column lock system, enabling normal vehicle operation – with no error codes or messages, and no disabling of your Corvette.

Since the LMC5 connects only to the BCM, it can’t damage the BCM with any external voltages or shorts. The LMC5 and BCM also share the same ground connection, so as long as the BCM ground is good, you won’t have to worry about a column lock failure due to any of the other well-known C5 grounding problems.

The LMC5 comes with everything needed for installation, except for two wrenches, and we even have those available if you need.

If your Vette is running fine, you can always just keep an LMC5 kit and a couple of wrenches in the glove box, just in case a column lock problem ever pops up.

Important Note: If your steering wheel locks, you must unlock it. We have an LMC5 Unlocker available that'll unlock it.

CAGS-SKIP - $25.00

The skip shift system (CAGS, or Computer Aided Gear Selection) is known to virtually everyone who’s driven a 6 speed C4, C5 or C6. Although some folks hardly ever see it activated, for many of us, it’s a real pain. It seems to engage long after you’ve forgotten about it, and often when turning a corner, or going uphill. Particularly in traffic. Unless you’re staring at your instrument cluster, by the time you notice that light and remember what it is, you’re already in fourth. When it happens to me, I usually end up groaning as much as my engine, before I downshift to second or third.

Our solution for 1997-2004 manual C5s is the CAGS-SKIP. This product installs next to the battery, and disables both the lockout solenoid, AND the 1-4 shift light. This is the first and only skip shift elimination product that you install without lifting your Vette, and the first and only product that gets rid of that irritating light!

Installing the CAGS-SKIP to eliminate the shift lockout is easy, makes no permanent modifications to your Corvette, and can always be removed. Disabling the 1-4 shift light can be done in two ways. Either cut one wire, or spend a little more time switching out a fuse panel terminal. Since the lockout is more irritating than the light, we designed the CAGS-SKIP so that part of the installation is completely optional. You can just disable the shift lockout, and disable the 1-4 light next week, next year, or never You can even use the CAGS-SKIP to just disable the 1-4 light.

Both products:
Come with complete, easy to follow installation instructions with photos
Are covered by a one year, limited, transferable warranty.
Are 100% designed and manufactured in the USA.

We’re always happy to answer any questions anyone might have, so post away if you do. Or, feel free to send a PM, or email us at info@complianceparts.com

Our website: complianceparts.com

Thanks!!

Last edited by ComplianceParts; 02-18-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Updated pricing and product info
Old 11-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,585 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

When I answer column lock post,, I will include your info!

Interested in customer feed back.

Bill Curlee
Old 11-07-2011, 03:32 PM
ComplianceParts
Supporting Vendor

Thanks Bill.

So far, we've had a 100% success rate with hundreds of installed modules.

I know some forum members have them installed, so if any want to chime in, feel free...

Since we let our products speak for themselves, and don't ask for testimonials, for now anyone can check out the feedback comments for complianceparts on our most recent LMC5 ebay ads.

I'm pretty sure forum rules are okay with me posting a link, but if it's not cool, someone let me know and I'll edit this post right away.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:23 PM
MBC Racing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was good talking to you guys on tuesday. I really appreciate you taking the time to discuss my problem and your solution. I pulled the codes from the DIC and checked the fuses..... Pulled the fuse and still get the message. So, I placed my order this evening for the LMC5!

My car has been in to the dealer twice for warrantee for this (by previous owners). I have it tuned out in HP tuners, so the car runs and drives, but the error message is annoying!!

I will be sure to post up here after the install with the results. Can't wait to fix the problem.
thanks
Brad
Old 02-11-2012, 10:09 PM
MBC Racing
Instructor

Put it in today. Problem is SOLVED!!!
Awsome product and customer service!

Thank you compliance parts for developing this solution for us!
Old 02-18-2012, 05:06 PM
ComplianceParts
Supporting Vendor

Hi all. It’s been a while since starting this new vendor post. I do all of our internet stuff, and was offline most of the last few months due to a serious family health issue. But I’m back and would like to give some more info on our products, answer any questions, etc.

First, a big thank you to all of our customers. We sincerely appreciate your kind words!!

With 120k+ of our C5s affected by column lock problems, we think there’s plenty of room for different products to address them. We give a big thumbs up to all those who have helped get these troubled C5s back on the road and keep them there. That means the other manufacturers and, of course, the forum members who have spent lots of time posting, emailing, debugging...column lock problems for everyone!

Whatever product you all choose is perfectly fine with us. If you’ve had a bypass in your car for years, and it’s worked great, well, great! We sincerely hope it continues to work for the life of your car. We’ll never be dismissive about anyone else’s products. And, remember, with our cars getting older, and all of the various recalls, attempted fixes, reprogramming, and other mods, it may be even more difficult to isolate and expel column lock gremlins.

Over the next few days, I’ll post some answers here to some of the various questions raised in other threads, and give some more detailed background on our LMC5 module.

Thanks to CorvetteForum for being a great place to meet and share knowledge for years, and for the opportunity to introduce ourselves to you

Richard
Compliance Parts, LLC
Old 02-19-2012, 01:51 AM
Suthunman
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Welcome Rick,

I'm sure some will have questions only you can answer. Until now your product has had to speak for itself and so far has done a great job. It appears your module is well suited for the older C5s that have continued having problems despite repeated attempts with other methods to solve the problem. I didn't fall into that category with my 2003 Vette but bought your LMC5 because I liked the fact it eliminated everything, and the associated problems, that had been connected to the BCM. It eliminated relay problems, ground problems, connector problems, even previous installations were not a concern for me to fool with, that was a huge plus in my opinion.

I found the installation instructions to be a little intimidating. But after getting started realized how detailed the instructions were and felt confident i could follow them and accomplish the installation on my own. it didn't take long to realize anyone that could read and wasn't color blind could do this and how simple the installation really was. Great product so far, I feel confident time will prove this to be a very good alternative for column lock problems.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:04 PM
ComplianceParts
Supporting Vendor

Before describing how and why we designed our LMC5 and its installation the way we did, I’d like to go over the factory steering column lock system as we see it. That’ll make it easier to understand column lock problems and how our product addresses them.

Pretty much all the column lock pros know this stuff, but for someone just seeing service column lock for the first time, and finding the column lock sticky, well, the sticky is enormously helpful, but it’s also kind of intimidating. It’s full of great info and advice, but is rather difficult for someone new to all this to quickly figure out what the heck is going on. I’m not trying to minimize the importance of the sticky; just trying to give our summary that’s been clear to hundreds of C5 owners. If it’s too basic for you, or you’re bored, the scroll bar or back button are your path to safety. It’s as short and non-technical as I could make it and still hit the important points. If anyone spots an error, let me know and I’ll fix it.

Steering Column Lock System Operation:
Most cars have used a mechanical linkage (i.e., metal rod) from the ignition key to physically lock and unlock the steering wheel when you turn the key. The C5 uses an electromechanical system - a steering column mounted motor to lock and unlock the steering wheel based on lock and unlock signals from the BCM (one of the C5 computers). If your lock motor is operational, you can hear a brief whirring sound from the steering column when you turn they key to ON, or when you remove the key. Ideally, you get the same result with either system – the column physically locks when the key is out so the car can’t be driven (stolen).

What typically happens with a column lock system failure:
If the BCM detects a failure in the column lock system, it may cause pull key, wait 10 seconds, and service column lock messages to appear on the DIC. Depending on your year, recall work completed, etc., it may also shut off the fuel at 2 MPH. This is a safety feature programmed in, so that if the BCM thinks your column lock may be malfunctioning, you’re not caught by a very nasty surprise when you come to a curve on the interstate at 75 MPH...

Unfortunately, the BCM can sometimes mistakenly think there is a column lock fault, even when everything is fine. This can be caused by a low battery. Infrequent driving, or even leaving the radio on and doors open while extended detailing, etc., can drop the voltage enough to cause this type of fault. And, even more unfortunately, this fault condition can remain after you’ve fully charged or changed the battery. The BCM does its normal lock and unlock thing while the car is NOT running. So, that’s way before the charging system raises the voltage above whatever the resting battery puts out.

We think it’s easiest to break the column lock system into three parts:
1. Power IN to the BCM.
2. The BCM
3. The wires and components from the BCM, to, and including, the lock motor.

In a nutshell, that’s pretty much the entire system. The hardest part for anyone (especially the DIYer) to debug is part 3. Here’s a more detailed look:

1. The power IN part is easy to understand. The BCM column lock internal circuit gets power through fuses in the passenger footwell fuse panel next to the BCM.

Failures: If a fuse is blown, or no power is going to the fuse, then nothing downstream will work right, including the BCM. So, this is the first thing to check and fix. Often, a blown fuse will result in obvious signs – DIC messages or codes, interior lights off, etc. If you’re getting pull key and service column lock messages with NO codes on the DIC, it’s probably not a fuse. But they're easy to check, so check em all anyway. Go through the DIC diagnostics to see if it shows any BCM codes.

C5s are notoriously finicky with low batteries and grounding issues. Sometimes they can cause a temporary column lock problem, sometimes a more permanent one (until you fix it), and sometimes no problems at all. If you get pull key or column lock messages – charge the battery fully, then disconnect the negative battery cable (5/16” wrench) for a minute. Reconnect it (and also make sure the positive cable is properly tightened) and see if the problem’s still there. We’ve seen this work in a few cases. Cleaning and tightening some of the C5 grounds can help, too.

2. The BCM. Practically speaking, the only way to fix the BCM is to replace it. It’s not cheap, and you need to have a dealer reprogram it to your car’s options. Fortunately, this is really the least likely source of a problem. Out of the last more than 1000 column lock problems we’ve encountered, there was only one bad BCM. GM did a very good job protecting the BCM. Most things you do to one will simply blow a fuse. Of course, a BCM can go bad, but it’s very, very rare. Always check the other parts of the system first. Note: More on BCM characteristics that can cause problems in a minute.

3. This is the real headachy area for anyone, especially the DIYer, to debug. Lets look at an auto transmission column lock system first. Three (yes, only 3) wires go from the BCM to all the rest of the column lock circuit.

When you insert and turn the key, the BCM connects a purple wire to 12V, and an orange wire to ground. Since the other ends of these two wires are connected to the lock motor, the motor then spins, unlocking the column. The motor also closes a feedback switch to ground. This switch connects back to the BCM via a green wire. As soon as the BCM senses this wire connected to ground, it knows the column is unlocked, and you’re free to go on your merry way.

When you remove the key, the BCM connects the wires the opposite way – purple to ground and orange to 12V. The motor spins the opposite way, locking the column, and also opens the feedback switch, so the green wire is no longer connected to ground, and the BCM knows the column is locked.

Part 3 failures: Lots of things can happen here that can result in the BCM thinking there’s a column lock system failure, when that may or may not be true: The lock motor feedback switch connects to ground, so if you have a bad ground there, wham. A recall-installed k harness may go bad. The factory installed column lock relay in most manual trans C5s can go bad. This relay is operated by another wire from the BCM, and is connected between the BCM orange and purple wires and the lock motor. You’ll likely have to trace the wiring between the BCM and the steering column, and pull the driver knee bolster to see what parts your Vette has, and what might be causing the problem.

More about the BCM: Due to a variety of factors including BCM internal components, aging of parts, BCM programming and recall reprogramming, bad connections, iffy grounds, etc., even a good BCM can think your column lock system has failed, when it’s actually operating normally.

We’ve identified two main types of BCM related issues: timing and voltage.

Timing: Remember the purple and orange wires to 12 volts and ground, and the green wire switching to ground? All of that has to happen within specific times. Some BCMs have a timing glitch which can affect how the switch (or a relay) connects the green wire to ground. So, these BCMs may interpret abnormal timing as a fault.

Voltage: Some BCMs are extra voltage sensitive. A low battery or bad grounds can affect the BCM. If the voltage to the BCM internal column lock circuitry is too low, the BCM may interpret this as a column lock failure. An iffy ground may introduce a small resistance, which can still allow most vehicle systems to function, but may be just enough to affect the BCM column lock circuit. A nominal 12 volt battery may actually be putting out a much lower voltage while running accessories, just sitting for a while with the normal car-off power drains, or as it ages.

So, once the column lock problem occurs, it may never go away on its own. And, it can be an absolute nightmare to try and figure out where it is. Tracing wiring, testing components, etc., etc.

Hope this info helps some C5 owners. I’ll get to our LMC5 as time permits. If anyone has any questions or comments, fire away!

Last edited by ComplianceParts; 03-02-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:05 PM
ComplianceParts
Supporting Vendor

The factory column lock system as we like to break it down:
1. Power IN to the BCM.
2. The BCM
3. The wires and components from the BCM, to, and including, the lock motor.

The column lock system with an LMC5:

1. Power IN to the BCM
2. The BCM
3. The LMC5

That’s it. Nothing else. Period. No feedback switch. No manual trans column lock relay. No wiring running to the steering column. No k harness. No BCM splices. No connectors.

Obviously, GM’s recalls haven’t solved the problem. The 87 page - and counting - sticky, and the huge number of current results you get from any internet search for pull key...service column lock... show that this problem is clearly ongoing and in no way behind us.

We analyzed the entire column lock system, and came up with these things that our solution must do:

1. It must be reliable and safe for all Corvettes
2. It must be easy to install and easy to identify that it is installed
3. It must get rid of as much of the unnecessary wiring and components as possible.
4. It must work for virtually every C5 out there, regardless of year, model, recall work...
5. It must be inexpensive

If every up to date fix for the column lock problem disables the physical locking mechanism, why on earth would we want wires running around and parts connected up for no reason? Well, we don’t. Think of it like this: If you’re hooking up your family room entertainment system to speakers in the next room, you’re not going to run the wires through the kitchen, up into the attic, through the garage and then back around to the speakers. And throw in a couple of connectors while you’re at it. You’ll go from point a to point b. Period.

So, we think a very important step in eliminating column lock problems is eliminating all the stuff you no longer need. Our LMC5 connects directly to the BCM by replacing the purple, orange and green wires mentioned earlier. This way, there’s NOTHING to trace or track down from the BCM. The LMC5 is attached directly to the BCM, using the same OEM Delphi terminals as in the factory connectors.

This solves a few additional problems:
1. It doesn’t matter if you’ve had recall work done or not. Or if you have a K harness, or any other fixes, recall soldering to the wires coming from the BCM, etc. None of that is connected and none of that is powered up, so you NEVER have to mess around with any of the Part 3 stuff mentioned earlier. You don’t need to remove any of it. Honestly, you really don’t even need to know what’s there. You just need to make sure that your steering column doesn't lock with the key removed (or unlock it with something like our Unlocker).

2. The BCM is accessed by removing the passenger floor mat and using your fingers to lift out the carpeted panel hiding the BCM and fuse panel. So, installation is nearly tool-less. You don’t have to use even one single tool to remove any dash panels or other interior parts.

3. Even 10 years and 4 owners down the road, anyone that looks at your car or wonders what column lock mod has been done, can find out in less than a minute by simply looking near the BCM. If they see an LMC5, with a label that states, “STEERING COLUMN LOCK MODULE,” they’ll know exactly what’s been done. No pulling dash panels to figure out what's there. The LMC5 label even has a diagram showing the exact location of all 4 connections to the BCM. Even without detailed instructions, it’s clear where it goes and what it does.

4. The LMC5 is grounded directly to the BCM. So, as long as your BCM ground is good, you won’t have a column lock problem due to a bad ground. This eliminates all the wiring that goes from the BCM to the column mounted feedback switch ground.

Some more design considerations:
Another problem for us to solve was what’s the most reliable method to simulate a functioning column lock? Well, we could use a latching relay. (I’m not giving away anyone’s secrets here. Plans for this type of bypass are freely available on the net.) We like relays. For some things. We manufacture a power control system that uses a relay. It switches 20 amps at 120 volts for long periods of time. That’s a good app for a relay. Relays are used in cars all the time. But, they have finite lifetimes. And a bouncy, bumpy, damp, hot, cold... automotive environment isn’t the best place for a relay if there’s any other way. So, we designed a solid state module that works even better than a relay, and lasts much, much, longer. Then we encapsulated it to protect it from those potentially nasty automotive conditions. It’s rugged. I’ve personally dropped them from over 30’ onto concrete without a single failure. We even have video of an LMC5 in a bottle full of water, while connected to a C5 that we were driving around. We think that should hold up pretty well long term in a car. Note: We also make an LMC5-R (-R for relay), more about that in a future post.

Make sure that the circuit resets itself every time the key is removed. This way, it is always in a known state when you start your car.

Design the circuit so it ignores random glitches that may come from the BCM, and only reacts to appropriate true lock and unlock signals.

Make sure the parts are rated for automotive voltage surges of 200 volts, load dumps and other electrical system malfunctions.

Write clear and thorough instructions, with color photos, so virtually anyone can safely install it.

Make sure that the LMC5 is not only completely safe for your car and your BCM, but actually helps protect your BCM by removing unnecessary parts and wiring that may fail. The LMC5 only reads the BCM lock and unlock signals, and connects the BCM to itself (ground) when the BCM expects the column to be unlocked. To be redundantly clear, the LMC5 does NOT introduce ANY other voltages or signals into the BCM. It only uses the lock and unlock signals from the BCM to connect the BCM green wire to ground.

Non-LMC5 and LMC5 column lock schematics:

Looking at these schematics, you’ll see that every single bypass type device (including GM’s k harness) connects to the BCM. Rather than installing the LMC5 in that same place under the steering wheel (which could be done), it makes the most sense to install it right at the BCM – it’s much easier, faster, and more reliable since it disconnects the other stuff. The LMC5 wires go directly into the BCM connectors, so you don’t even have a single connector in between.

The first schematic shows the factory column lock system in a 2002 6 speed Vette. Position “A” is where the k harness or any bypass type device would be installed at the connector under the steering wheel (or where you’d install an LMC5 if we chose to put it there - but we didn’t). The lock motor and feedback switch would no longer be connected (shown in gray), and the steering column feedback switch ground would supply the ground through the green wire to the BCM to indicate when the column was unlocked.

Position “B” is where the LMC5 installs at the BCM.

In the second schematic, you see the column lock system with an LMC5 installed. See all the stuff that’s no longer part of the system? This schematic shows the ENTIRE column lock system with the LMC5. We think this significantly increases the reliability of the column lock system from now on. It also makes it MUCH easier to track down any future problem. If you ever get pull key, service column lock messages, it can only be one of three things: power into the BCM, the BCM, or the LMC5 (hopefully not!). No one will ever have to trace wiring and test various parts again.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:50 PM
joyryd_1
Advanced

Excellent write up! This should be the defacto fix for those still with ongoing or intermittent problems going forward. Thanks!

Even though my Z doesn't have any symptoms, I can't help but worry that I'm on borrowed time each time I'm away from home. I have purchased the LMC5 and it will be installed as soon as my Z comes out of hibernation this spring. The LMC5 will give me that peace of mind that this great car deserves!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Alludc
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Time to call em, it stopped working....

Uhg!!!

I thought I was finally rid of the damn message. its been about 2 wks and the service column lock message was gone. yay. now, its back!!! dammit!

its not the same as before. i dont get the 2nd message of pull key wait 10 seconds anymore. just the 'service column lock' message, and even that clears wit the reset button...but comes back everytime i restart the car.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:24 AM
absolutscharf
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After being stranded twice after the recall was done (in both cases, my dealership offered to "redo" the recall for free, I just had to have the car towed to them ), it happened a third time earlier this week. And after what I read here about the LMC5, I decided to give it a try.

Richard at Complianceparts was a delight to deal with - prompt responses, troubleshooting suggestions, same-day shipping, he even sent out a different version of the LMC5 (LMC5-R) with no charge since apparently they've had a few rare instances on 2000 model years where the original LMC5 didn't quite work, and only asked that I return the one that I wasn't using.

Incredibly detailed instructions, very simple to install, and - no more "Service Column Lock" message and no more 2mph cut-off!

I'm not sure how much GM and my dealer ate in my case (doing the recall, including troubleshooting, BCM reprogramming, K-harness installation and then dealing with the problem two more times), but it must have been a multiple of what the LMC5 cost me. Well done!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:42 AM
theheat
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12, '14, '17

Installed the LMC5 and skip shift and couldn't be happier. Richard is a stand up guy and his customer service is top shelf, I even got a call back on a SUNDAY afternoon. Good luck Richard.

Last edited by theheat; 04-20-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Jesse Asis
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just ordered my LMC5 and unlock kit and can't wait to get my vette back on the road. For now she is in the garage as a big black 1999 paper weight. Thanks to this forum and Compliance Parts I'm not parting with the $600 buck bill GM wanted for addressing this with corrections that still may leave you stranded. I look forward and can't wait for my LMC5 to arrive... Thanks
Old 04-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Jesse Asis
Burning Brakes

Quick question, does anyone have a video of the installation of the LMC5 and/or LMC5 Unlock kit out there in "YouTube" land... Reading it and seeing it really helps me a lot.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Suthunman
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Jesse Asis
Quick question, does anyone have a video of the installation of the LMC5 and/or LMC5 Unlock kit out there in "YouTube" land... Reading it and seeing it really helps me a lot.
I have a PDF of the installation instructions. If you want it PM me your email address and I will send it to you.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:55 AM
Jesse Asis
Burning Brakes

Suthunman, I called Rick at "Compliance Parts" he was kind enough to send me the instructions for the LMC5 as well as the LMC5 Unlock procedures. Thanks for the offer. I will update on how easy this setup will be... keeping my fingers crossed..

Get notified of new replies

To New Supporting Vendor - C5 Steering Column Lock and Skip Shift Products!

Old 05-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Jesse Asis
Burning Brakes

I couldn't wait for the GM tech to un-lock the solenoid. So I found in this Forum a procedure to "tap the solenoid" with a hammer, that un-locked it. Then I pulled the #23 fuse, un-hooked the batt. and installed the LMC5 unit per instructions.

Let me tell you, I called Rick at "Compliance Parts" he was helpful during my first attempt to install the LMC5 & LMC5 Un-Lock kit, but my solenoid wouldn't un-lock. It took the hammer banging to do that. Rick spend over an hour on the phone with me, we hung up and he did more research and called back with some other option. This to me is great support. I just want to thank Rich for all of his help. I now have the LMC5 installed and it is doing what it says, great product, great support, thank so much Rich if ever your up in Northern California, call me and I will buy you a drink...

Jesse Asis
Old 05-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Raiku898
Pro

Ordered mine today. Ready to have one less worry out of the way.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:37 PM
TyGuy
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tried to place an order from your website, but Products page is not displaying properly. All the other tabs work fine. Anyone else experience this?

-JimD

Quick Reply: New Supporting Vendor - C5 Steering Column Lock and Skip Shift Products!