C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Active handling warming up

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2022, 06:41 PM
xzo124
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Active handling warming up

Started a thread 9 months ago and bought a new to me Avalanche and put the Corvette on the back burner. After having new engine installed , After about a half mile of driving Active handling warming up comes on the DIC and icon on dash comes as if I hit the button on the console. I can stop the car and kill it and then get on it and Traction Control work perfectly. After a half mile the icon and message reappear stop repeat same thing . Not getting Service Traction Control light just the icon that’s associated with the console button..not throwing codes. I’ve driven the car very little since the new motor was installed,but once the message and icon come on it will not go back off until I kill the car….what could be happening?
Old 09-08-2022, 06:52 PM
grinder11
Race Director

Received 3,606 Likes on 2,556 Posts

Originally Posted by xzo124
Started a thread 9 months ago and bought a new to me Avalanche and put the Corvette on the back burner. After having new engine installed , After about a half mile of driving Active handling warming up comes on the DIC and icon on dash comes as if I hit the button on the console. I can stop the car and kill it and then get on it and Traction Control work perfectly. After a half mile the icon and message reappear stop repeat same thing . Not getting Service Traction Control light just the icon that’s associated with the console button..not throwing codes. I’ve driven the car very little since the new motor was installed,but once the message and icon come on it will not go back off until I kill the car….what could be happening?
Possibly the SWPS (no longer available new), or a recent adjustment/rack removal. Have you had a wheel alignment recently?
The following 2 users liked this post by grinder11:
corvettezman (09-24-2022), xzo124 (09-08-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 01:28 PM
MetalMan2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,009 Likes on 642 Posts

There were a few iterations of Active Handling over the years, what year is yours?
Old 09-24-2022, 02:00 PM
xzo124
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MetalMan2
There were a few iterations of Active Handling over the years, what year is yours?
A 2000 no codes just after say 1/4 -1/2 mile of driving message pops up Active handling warming up, and disengages my traction control and won’t reset until I cycle the key …
Old 09-25-2022, 02:51 AM
MetalMan2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,009 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by xzo124
A 2000 no codes just after say 1/4 -1/2 mile of driving message pops up Active handling warming up, and disengages my traction control and won’t reset until I cycle the key …
For the sake of clarification, are there still no codes after that message pops up?

I think this needs further diagnosis with a Tech 2 device. We can speculate but at this point I think performing diagnostics is the way to go. i.e. with a Tech 2 you could see what value is reported by the SWPS (steering wheel position sensor) and correlate that to the actual steering wheel rotation angle. It will help determine if the SWPS is just misaligned or if it's faulty (or otherwise). Some people might be inclined to throw a new SWPS at it but I think those aren't really available for a 2000 C5.

Get notified of new replies

To Active handling warming up

Quick Reply: Active handling warming up