C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 DIY for adding AUX input using GM10-AUX, DO NOT NEED COR-HAR harness

Old 09-20-2012, 08:16 PM
greekc6
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Subscribing
Old 12-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Joe Sull
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about the seventh wire on the gm10-aux, does it connect to the wire that is left on the 4 pin connector
Old 10-07-2015, 01:02 PM
PJ2zero9
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD icon is blinking

Hey guys I did the Aux harness a little while ago to my 2003 Z06 and worked great. I just got my car back from the shop after they replaced the slave cylinder and installed a complete clutch kit and my aux cable stopped working. Whenever I select the aux option the CD icon blinks and than says "Err", error. Do I have to disconnect the harness or is there another way to reset it? I did disconnect the negative lead from the battery for about 30 minutes but that didn't work. I am looking for another option just because I have the wires nicely spliced and tucked away and is slightly harder to get to them since I'm a bigger guy. But if there's not in wouldn't mind getting rid of the splices and soldering the wire together and than adding some shrink wrap. If anyone has any ideas that might work, I'll try them out. Thanks, Pj.

***UPDATE***
So, I went ahead and cut my splices and replaced them with HiseNook Pin Connectors. Got everything wired and pinned correctly on the Harness and along with the Vette and it still didn't work. The first time I tried it, I got the Track 1 1 and it kept going back from the clock to the Track 1 1 until it came up with the Err. After trying several attempts and disconnecting the battery it just flashed the CD icon and doesn't register. I guess my GM Aux Harness is just shot. Plan C will be to do the Aux input on the HU which I will probably be doing something next month.

Last edited by PJ2zero9; 10-22-2015 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Plan B (didn't work off to Plan C)
Old 10-08-2015, 06:24 PM
TomcatMike
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MP3 and XM Radio??

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
THIS POST JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER!!!!!!!

I will do this project this winter. THANK YOU for all your outstanding pictures and directions. You hit it out of the park!

Bill Curlee
I probably missed this somewhere, but is there a kit or list of installers who could convert and / or add the C5's radio to include MP3 player AND XM Radio?

If the car already has a 12-CD player / harness set up, is this fairly easy to get accomplished? And what about an aux jack to plug in a smart phone with music?

If I have missed this and that thread is available elsewhere, please point me to it.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C5 DIY for adding AUX input using GM10-AUX, DO NOT NEED COR-HAR harness