C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pillar Gage Question?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 08:21 PM
jparr
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Pillar Gage Question?

i have a fuel pressure gage , its a sport-comp and what i was wandering is when the car is off should the needle go to zero or should it stay at lets say 35lbs , which is where it is all the time now and doesnt move . I have a supercharger and it was reading around 50-55 and moved . Im trying to figure out if i have a gage problem or fuel pump problem ????
Old 05-08-2011, 08:50 PM
chevylad
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those autometer fuel pressure guages are finicky. I used to have one on my toyota truck. When the guage was acting up, it usualy meant the battery was going to go. It's supposed the reset when you power back up again. The voltmeter said it was good so I never really had an answer why it was acting up.

The one on my corvette is acting right now as well. It resets when the car starts up and then maxes out. I was going to wait til I fixed some of the other codes before I looked into it, not that they are related. It's just not high on the priority list.

Quick Reply: Pillar Gage Question?