C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-23-2015, 04:10 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Tires and Wheels
Print Wikipost

Can non-run flat tires be used for C5?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 04:31 PM
luckstr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AnteVenom
Runflats are pretty expensive but I guess provide some folks piece of mind. Even the newer Z06s come with runflats but that was not always the case.

Just a couple of years ago the Z06 came with Goodyear Supercar (F1 I think) tires which are non runflat. The Z06 at this time came with a tire repair kit.

I myself have not used runflats on my 1999 Coupe for ten years and Although I have a maybe two flats in that time, like you suggested, I used AAA to come fix the tire on the spot.

Just a note of caution though. All tires for the Corvette seem to be expensive and I would warn against getting a cheaper made (non Z) rated tire to save on cost. We have a lot riding on our tires in many ways.

Best of luck to you and your purchase whenever you make it.

AAA doesn't fix tires. They put on a spare (if you have one) but they DO NOT repair tires "on the spot". Are you sure about your statement ?
Old 10-15-2014, 04:36 PM
rfh928
Burning Brakes

Received 390 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by luckstr
AAA doesn't fix tires. They put on a spare (if you have one) but they DO NOT repair tires "on the spot". Are you sure about your statement ?
The CAA here in Canada doesn't repair tires either - with the CAA Plus coverage they'll tow me up to 100 miles to my mechanic's to repair the tire...I never venture that far from home with the Vette! I have since replaced all 4 tires with non-run flats - very happy with them at a fraction of the price.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:34 PM
luckstr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rfh928
The CAA here in Canada doesn't repair tires either - with the CAA Plus coverage they'll tow me up to 100 miles to my mechanic's to repair the tire...I never venture that far from home with the Vette! I have since replaced all 4 tires with non-run flats - very happy with them at a fraction of the price.
I agree with you 100%. I am gettin new tires this week and they will not be run flats.

Quick Reply: Can non-run flat tires be used for C5?