C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Mileage Z getting a new motor. Do I swap the motor mounts or just leave them ????

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 02:39 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 319 Posts

Default Low Mileage Z getting a new motor. Do I swap the motor mounts or just leave them ????

Assuming the stock mounts are in perfect physical condition do I just take the measure and swap them out? Car has about 35K on it and was not driven hard but will hafter the new motor. HAHA Was going to do solid mounts but after some research I found it might be much for me. I know Ebay, Pfadt, VBP, etc... all make poly mounts as well. Do I spend the $130-$250 on poly mounts, buy a set of new stockers, or just leave be as the factory units are just fine?
Old 01-04-2011, 02:46 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 76 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by teddyca
Assuming the stock mounts are in perfect physical condition do I just take the measure and swap them out? Car has about 35K on it and was not driven hard but will hafter the new motor. HAHA Was going to do solid mounts but after some research I found it might be much for me. I know Ebay, Pfadt, VBP, etc... all make poly mounts as well. Do I spend the $130-$250 on poly mounts, buy a set of new stockers, or just leave be as the factory units are just fine?
Have you inspected them? Are they damaged or deteriorated in any way?
Old 01-04-2011, 02:50 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Yeah they look fine. But being the fact they would be a pain to replace in the future I wonder if it is just worth it to put new and whether there is any benefit to aftermarket. Thinking this out I wonder if a aftermarket set (not solid) would provide a much harsher ride and/or start squacking over time??? Car is lowered on 19/20's so the ride is already not the gentlest. But to answer your question. Yeah they are fine.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:56 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 76 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by teddyca
But to answer your question. Yeah they are fine.
No sense in replacing then. Solid mounts for a street car, never made sense to me. It's like having a full blown T1 suspension on a street car.....can you really ever take full advantage of it?
Old 01-04-2011, 03:05 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

I fully agree with that. Thanks for the advise. Saved me a few bucks.

Get notified of new replies

To Low Mileage Z getting a new motor. Do I swap the motor mounts or just leave them ????

Quick Reply: Low Mileage Z getting a new motor. Do I swap the motor mounts or just leave them ????