C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Memory Failure - SCM and BCM Sync Needed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 12:54 PM
JSH
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Having the same problem with the memory on the drivers seat, with the code B2605, but noticed that when I touch or jiggle the electrical hook up under the seat the seat moves and also can here one of the motors running. Looks like maybe a broken ground wire, or bad connection. Will pull the seat out in the spring and check it all out.
The following users liked this post:
kedvesh (11-11-2020)
Old 11-11-2020, 06:09 PM
kedvesh
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for chiming in! When time (and $$$) allows, I think I’m going to have to pull the seat (again) and have a qualified person check all the connections. This (and the steering column telescopic position function)—essentially the easy entry option—have been a pain in my behind for more than a few years.

Good luck with your resolution efforts! 👍
Old 11-12-2020, 11:56 AM
JSH
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You to brother, I also have that B2605 code, maybe the module is on the whey out?
Old 11-12-2020, 08:30 PM
kedvesh
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JSH
You to brother, I also have that B2605 code, maybe the module is on the whey out?
Possibly. My problems remain the same as when I started this thread in 2011. Perhaps there are connections that are corroded as was suggested back then. I have yet in the here and now to remove the seat and inspect everything underneath. I've done that in the past and did not see anything obvious. The seat module may be on the way out as you suggest, but I've replaced that once and it didn't help.

Overall, the seat function/position as it interfaces with the memory as well as the steering column position and telescopic function (a long way of saying the "easy entry" function of the seat and steering column) remain very much non-cooperative. Maybe I'll get to work on this as a winter project.

Good luck on your seat/memory issues!

Quick Reply: Seat Memory Failure - SCM and BCM Sync Needed?