C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Trim / Seal Falling Out!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Yorad
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Windshield Trim / Seal Falling Out!

I have an 2004 Z06 with 32 K and on a road trip this weekend the rubber seal at the top of the windshield just started pulling out and flapping on the top of the car. I didn't know about it until I got home and got out of the car, but now I don't know how to securely re-attach it so this doesn't happen anymore. There is glue in there, but I don't know what it is or where to get it or if that will even work.

I searched and didn't find any other threads on this, but it seems unlikely that I would be the only person to run into this so if anyone has had this issue please share how it is fixed!
Old 10-12-2010, 11:19 AM
FASST LN
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a problem with, what I believe is the same seal, at the bottom of my windshield. The thin rubber strip piece has pulled aways from the windshield and cowl edge. It's been like that for years.

I kept thinking I would catch a rock in the windshield and have to replace it, and would then take care of the stripping. Still hasn't happened, which I guess is a good thing.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Yorad
Instructor

Originally Posted by FASST LN
I have a problem with, what I believe is the same seal, at the bottom of my windshield. The thin rubber strip piece has pulled aways from the windshield and cowl edge. It's been like that for years.

I kept thinking I would catch a rock in the windshield and have to replace it, and would then take care of the stripping. Still hasn't happened, which I guess is a good thing.
The bottom seal is a common problem and there are lots of threads on that. Mine is at the top. It's the seal that runs right along the front edge of the roof.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:34 AM
FASST LN
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Yorad
The bottom seal is a common problem and there are lots of threads on that.
Good to know. I'll have to search for that. It never really bothered me so never checked into it.
Good luck with yours!
Old 10-12-2010, 11:41 AM
torkman15
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might go buy some trim adhesive and glue it back in. I think the technical name for that piece is "reveal molding"

Good luck, Tom
Old 10-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Yorad
Instructor

Originally Posted by FASST LN
Good to know. I'll have to search for that. It never really bothered me so never checked into it.
Good luck with yours!
Do an advanced search for "windshield" (don't really use the quotes) in the C5 tech forum and under the advanced search options choose "search titles only". You'll get a lot of non-related threads but some are referring to your issue I believe.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Yorad
Instructor

Originally Posted by torkman15
You might go buy some trim adhesive and glue it back in. I think the technical name for that piece is "reveal molding"

Good luck, Tom
Where would I find this? Are we just talking about a regular NAPA/AutoZone/Pep Boys trip?

Get notified of new replies

To Windshield Trim / Seal Falling Out!

Quick Reply: Windshield Trim / Seal Falling Out!