C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dead passanger door

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 07:10 PM
69SSC5
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dead passanger door

2002 corvette C5 coupe with 120k on it...
all electronics work except for everything on the passanger door... dead electonic door lock, dead window, dead passanger mirror, nothing on the passanger door works with any of the controls incuding the key fob....
any ideas as to what causes this and how to fix it?
Old 09-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Quick Silver Z
Team Owner

Received 1,506 Likes on 1,014 Posts
No-IL Events Coordinator
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Pry up the small panel under the controls, the connector may have simply come off???
Old 09-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Open the door,,, find the rubber accordion tube beteen the door and door frame. Grab it with your fingers and feel for the TWO wireing harnesses inside it, Grab the harneses and shake the cap out of them while holding the window UP or DOWN button to move the window. See if that resoves the issue. If it does, I can tell you how to fix it.

BC
Old 09-13-2010, 01:19 PM
8NT SLOW
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
Open the door,,, find the rubber accordion tube beteen the door and door frame. Grab it with your fingers and feel for the TWO wireing harnesses inside it, Grab the harneses and shake the cap out of them while holding the window UP or DOWN button to move the window. See if that resoves the issue. If it does, I can tell you how to fix it.
BC
It fixed mine a couple of months ago after screwing around with the dealer for a year and one door control module ($500) later.

Simple fix, thanks bill.

Bill
Old 09-13-2010, 06:45 PM
0325vette
Instructor

BC
I have a 2001 28,000 miles with the same problem. I shook the harness while holding the window down button. The problem was resloved for a short time. Pulled the door panel off and moved all the wires inside the door while holding the window button down. This time nothing happened. Went back to the harness in the accordian tube and shook it again. Everything worked again only for a short period of time. I don't think its the module inside the door. Can you help?

Ralph
Old 09-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 0325vette
I have a 2001 28,000 miles with the same problem. I shook the harness while holding the window down button. The problem was resloved for a short time. Pulled the door panel off and moved all the wires inside the door while holding the window button down. This time nothing happened. Went back to the harness in the accordian tube and shook it again. Everything worked again only for a short period of time. I don't think its the module inside the door. Can you help?

Ralph
The problem is in the harness power connector. Pop out thr accordion tube and pull the connectors out of the door B pillar hole:

Look at the female pins. I bet some are spread apart makig poor connection. Use a pick and slose up the little toung in the female pi.

BC
Old 09-14-2010, 12:17 AM
don37
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

The problem is in the harness power connector. Pop out thr accordion tube and pull the connectors out of the door B pillar hole:

Look at the female pins. I bet some are spread apart makig poor connection. Use a pick and slose up the little toung in the female pi.

BC
ditto!!!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:24 AM
69SSC5
Pro

ok i finally got around to the passanger door today... i tried to shake the connectors while pressing the window up down/door lock buttons but nothing happend. i took the connector appart inspected both the male and female ends as well as the wires leading into them, all looks good. I put my volt meter on the connctor comeing from the car to the door and i get 12-13 volts. so if im getting power to the door why doesnt the door work at all?????? also in the picture above i see two different connectors, on the passanger door im working on i only saw one, is ther another one in there?

Last edited by 69SSC5; 03-28-2011 at 02:28 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To dead passanger door

Quick Reply: dead passanger door