C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Special Pricing for Forum Members on Dilusi Stage III Brake Package

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 10:44 AM
MattG
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In I, II, III, IV & V Veteran
CI-I & II Auto-X Champ

Default Special Pricing for Forum Members on Dilusi Stage III Brake Package

Agostino Racing Components (ARC) is now a dealer of Dilusi Motorsports Brake Products.

ARC would like to start things off by offering a great deal to Corvetteforum members on the Dilusi Stage III Big Racing Brake Kit.

The StageIII Big Racing Brakes are the absolute best solution for the person who is seeking the most in performance, endurance and looks. This setup is Dilusi's most popular package and has gained overwhelming endorsements due to their ability to stand up to the worst track abuse. These packages have been designed from the ground up to work with the existing master cylinder and ABS systems while maintaining or enhancing the system bias. They are direct bolt-ons and WILL fit beneath your factory wheels. With race quality rotors and pads that are almost an inch thick each these brakes have a very long lifespan, even through intense track usage! One customer had over 9,000 documented track miles on his first set of rotors and drove his car on the street every day.

For the looks oriented you can choose the color of the rotor hat as well as cross drilling, slotting, and zinc washing of the rotor surface. (NOTE: Drilling and slotting may lead to shorter life expectancy.) There are many diffent pad choices available and because these calipers are so popular throughout racing, parts are inexpensive and easy to locate. professional installation is recommended, requires standard tools and will take only a few hours.

Kit Details:

FRONT
-----
13.60" x 1.38" Rotosr with Anadized Aluminum Rotor Hats
Wilwood 6 Piston Billet SLIII Front Calipers
6061-T6 Billet Aluminum Mounting Bracket
Mounting Hardware
Stainless Steel Brake Lines and Hardware
Performance Friction 93 Compound Racing Pads

REAR
----
13.60" x 1.38" Rotors with Anadized Aluminum Rotor Hats
Wilwood 4 Piston Billet Aluminum Calipers
6061-T6 Billet Aluminum Mounting Bracket
Mounting Hardware
Stainless Steel Brake Lines and Hardware
Performance Friction 90 Compound Racing Pads

Pricing Details

Front and Rear Stage III Kit - $4400 Shipped (Regular Price is $4800 plus Shipping)
Zinc Washing - $35 per rotor (Regular Price is $40 per rotor)
Cross Drilling - $55 per rotor (Regular Price is $65 per rotor)
Slotting - $20 per rotor (Regular Price is $25 per rotor)

If anyone is interested in ordering, please drop me an email. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this post.

[Modified by MattG, 9:48 AM 3/19/2002]
Old 03-19-2002, 11:53 AM
NoMercy
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Special Pricing for Forum Members on Dilusi Stage III Brake Package (MattG)

Mine go on right after the SW run!! :cheers: :smash:
Old 03-19-2002, 11:56 AM
RG in Dallas
Race Director

Elite Member
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Special Pricing for Forum Members on Dilusi Stage III Brake Package (MattG)

Talk about stopping on a dime.:)

RG
Old 03-19-2002, 11:57 AM
Godspeed
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Looks good, I'll start saving my pennies. :cheers:

-Jeremy
Old 03-19-2002, 12:03 PM
CRUZMISL
Safety Car

Default Re: Special Pricing for Forum Members on Dilusi Stage III Brake Package (Godspeed)

Those are so sweet but $4400 US is $7000 canadian :eek:

I had Wilwood's before on my old car and they were simply amazing. I wish I was rich..............

Joe
Old 03-19-2002, 12:13 PM
RG in Dallas
Race Director

Elite Member
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Special Pricing for Forum Members on Dilusi Stage III Brake Package (CRUZMISL)

Those are so sweet but $4400 US is $7000 canadian :eek:

I had Wilwood's before on my old car and they were simply amazing. I wish I was rich..............

Joe
Joe,

You don't have credit with the bank of MATTG?:):D

RG
Old 03-19-2002, 12:27 PM
CRUZMISL
Safety Car

Default Re: Special Pricing for Forum Members on Dilusi Stage III Brake Package (RG in Dallas)

Joe,

You don't have credit with the bank of MATTG?:):D

RG
RG if I had MAtt's money I'd burn mine :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe
Old 03-19-2002, 03:38 PM
Moundir
Drifting

What's the stopping power of this setup? Also, does slotting or drilling affect the stopping power as well? And how does this setup compare with the baer or brembo setup? other than the fact it fits the stock wheels? Thanx :cheers:
Old 03-19-2002, 03:57 PM
dexter
Team Owner

Those look sweet! :cheers:
Old 03-19-2002, 04:06 PM
vettethret
Melting Slicks

What are the stopping distances from 60 to 0.
:cheers: :D
Old 03-19-2002, 04:30 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Special Pricing for Forum Members on Dilusi Stage III Brake Package (vettethret)

They look good and the pricing seems reasonable compared to others but 9,000 miles of track use :lol: The driver was he on oxygen? They must have mounted them on a kart? I would like to hear someone who run's them speak and compare to stock rotors and with racing pads etc.

[Modified by John Shiels, 3:32 PM 3/19/2002]

[Modified by John Shiels, 6:15 PM 3/19/2002]
Old 03-19-2002, 05:00 PM
cjones
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Special Pricing for Forum Members on Dilusi Stage III Brake Package (John Shiels)

Is it $2,200 for just the fronts? I talked to Dilusi about this kit and was planning to buy it, but I've been waiting for HRE to get back to me on fitment issues for about a week now.
Old 03-19-2002, 06:17 PM
CRUZMISL
Safety Car

Default Re: Special Pricing for Forum Members on Dilusi Stage III Brake Package (cjones)

Yes Matt, testing needs to be done on this system to truly determine it's effectiveness. I elect myself/car as the test pilot. So send the kit down to me and after I'm done my long term testing (about 4 years) I'll return the kit to you and report my findings :lol:

Joe
Old 03-19-2002, 06:24 PM
cjones
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Special Pricing for Forum Members on Dilusi Stage III Brake Package (CRUZMISL)

I talked to someone at Dilusi and they said with good front tires it's about 94 feet 60-0 with just the front kit and about 86 feet with the front and rear kit. They only recommended the front and rear kit for heavy track use.
Old 03-19-2002, 06:34 PM
RG in Dallas
Race Director

Elite Member
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Special Pricing for Forum Members on Dilusi Stage III Brake Package (cjones)

The comments I've always heard reference the no fade feel of these brakes while road racing or hot lapping. SW has tested or runs them and he is a road racer first, not really a dragster...or so he tells me... and then rips off 9's.:)

No fade is a big deal, believe me. Road race courses where you get up to say 110 mph in straights and use the brakes a lot more because, like me, you're not that experienced:), will benefit from brakes like this.

RG

[Modified by RG in Dallas, 4:39 PM 3/19/2002]
Old 03-19-2002, 06:42 PM
0Sales@MVPAutoParts.com
Former Vendor

I talked to someone at Dilusi and they said with good front tires it's about 94 feet 60-0 with just the front kit and about 86 feet with the front and rear kit. They only recommended the front and rear kit for heavy track use.
How about the numbers for stock brakes? Any ideas?

Thanks
-Tuan
Old 03-19-2002, 06:49 PM
cjones
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Special Pricing for Forum Members on Dilusi Stage III Brake Package (Tuan Le)

I think I saw a convertible in Motor Trend get about 117ft. I think I've seen Z06s get around 110ft in other magazines. Someone correct me if I'm wrong since it's off the top of my head.

Get notified of new replies

To Special Pricing for Forum Members on Dilusi Stage III Brake Package

Old 03-19-2002, 06:50 PM
NBMDVM
Pro

:bs :bs :bs 60-0 in 86 ft-- no chance. The C5R does it in 96ft(R&T 6/01) the Panoz LMP in 108ft and the stock Z06 in ~120 ft. No brakes, no matter how large and pretty will stop the car any faster than the limits of tire adhesion allow. Considering the stock brakes are fully capable of braking at the lockup threshold, I doubt these brakes will stop the car any faster than the stockers. Yes, they will porbably hold up better on the track(less fade, etc..) and they look pretty, but you're not gonna stop any faster. And if they will stop a C-5 in 86 feet (shorter than a C5R..) on ANY tires, short of dropping anchor, I'll eat those rotors.
JMHO ;)
Scott
Old 03-19-2002, 07:18 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Special Pricing for Forum Members on Dilusi Stage III Brake Package (NBMDVM)

What is the price of replacement rotors non drilled, no zinc, just for road racings. Thanks for the email Ben I'll catch you again. :D
Old 03-19-2002, 07:23 PM
HP-GURU
Racer

Default Re: Special Pricing for Forum Members on Dilusi Stage III Brake Package (John Shiels)

Benefit of the bigger brakes is reduced brake fade and "ability to remain closer to the limit of adhesion".

In short, you are able to stay closer to the point of wheel lock up without locking up.

Quick Reply: Special Pricing for Forum Members on Dilusi Stage III Brake Package