C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vertical Doors

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 11:15 AM
C5DaveM
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vertical Doors

I have started my own business doing Custom Automotive projects and for my show car I have installed vertical doors. Anyone interested in these or help with any ideas you may have, let me know since I have several kits in stock for C5 and C6 doors. I have pictures of all the mods so far and I'll try to get them uploaded very soon.
Thanks for everything!!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 11:18 AM
03WhiteConv
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Well put your flak vest on. Lots of lambo-door haters here! I'd have to say that it's a lot of flash and gets attention, but I'd never do it to any car I own.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:37 AM
C5DaveM
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by 03WhiteConv
Well put your flak vest on. Lots of lambo-door haters here! I'd have to say that it's a lot of flash and gets attention, but I'd never do it to any car I own.
May be flash and attention, but as a show car that is what one looks for. We did so many modifications, done so well, that amongst the corvette crowds, very few people notice what has been done. We strive to make everything look like it would have come factory that way. The stealth approach has worked against us from the promotional standpoint. Everything done to the car is fully reversable to stock configuration. We want the cars to be uniquely our own, but not looking like a ton of bolt on flash and chrome items! To each his own. I don't hate the garage queens, but both mine are daily drivers. I make them more comfortable and functional.

The vertical doors are a big help in crowded parking lots with entry and exit as there is now no longer as much concern about those LONG doors reaching out there and bumping someone elses car. They are not for everyone, but the Dream Car Custom kits are the best engineered for fit, function, and reversability... with no modification to the car itself.

Thanks for your support. This forum has been a valuable asset in finding and fixing all those quirky little things that Corvettes do.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:47 AM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 80 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by 03WhiteConv
.........be wary of the Mods......not being a vendor and all......
Old 05-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Old 05-25-2010, 12:00 PM
blazer427X3
Pro

Originally Posted by Chicago1
Old 05-25-2010, 01:37 PM
~Josh
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Default Great way to ruin a perfectly good Corvette

Old 05-25-2010, 01:52 PM
mel3535
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Chicago1
Old 05-25-2010, 04:10 PM
dieseldave56
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Old doggg..............

(file photo)

When the wife came to me with the request to verticalize the doors on her 2000 FRC , I asked why? I had looked at the door conversion kits years ago and all of them were crude and were not reversible ( hinges were welded in place).

Anyways , her sister had verticle doors installed on her C5 (Huntington Beach, Ca) So after visiting she wanted them too ( sounded like a replay of the breast enhancement episode).

Ok I did all the research and shows . Concluded that Dream Car Customs was the best vertical door hinge kit for my application. Talked to Tony ( owner) and had him powder coat a pair , shipped to the house for $1350.

But after the wife read both threads that I started on the CF to get personal experiences and gleen information thru , she was shocked at all the unsolicited negative posts . She has backed off on the verticals as she is fearful of being the object of all that unprevoked negative hostility if she ( a petite middle aged white woman) is seen parked in public.

Good luck with your business venture. After I retired in 1991 I took my hobbie (Vettes ) to the next level for close to ten years, great fun.

Last edited by dieseldave56; 05-25-2010 at 04:12 PM. Reason: add photo

Get notified of new replies

To Vertical Doors

Quick Reply: Vertical Doors