C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 Cam in LS1

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 01:36 AM
FASTFISHEL
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you both I see where I was over thinking it. Im bad about being over analytical especially at the end of a build when Ive got 20 things going on all at once. Im going to go with a 7.425 and call it a day. If either of you know someone looking for stock ls1 cam with 867mi or brand new in box PR 7955-16 Comp. or ls1 springs with 867mi. Also have full set of truck accessories and engine cover from LQ9 escalade. Again thanks
Old 01-04-2011, 05:20 PM
MikeV
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you check the pattern on the lifter, then go with a longer push rod if needed. If your not really pushing the 5.3, than .025 isn't going to make enough differance to get new ones. JMO

Mike V
Old 01-05-2011, 09:26 PM
FASTFISHEL
Intermediate

Mike the problem Im having is checking pattern without it running. Pattern will change once it runs and lifters fill with oil. I am going to be pushing this engine a bit. Ive got an LQ9 6 liter with headers tune and LS6 cam. Ive got LS6 springs and am tuning rev limit to 6500 from factory 5600. I know that if I dont get enough preload I am going to have at least one of two problems noise and or float from lifter pump up. This is my first Gen III and I do it right the first time or at least always try. Ive got another lined up to twin turbo and dont want to learn the old fashion way. These engines arent a dime a dozen any more like the Gen I and II. Thanks for your input if you know anyone that needs complete factory accessories let me know. Im willing to seperate
Old 01-06-2011, 11:02 AM
MikeV
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pattern won't change with it not running. If these are the same lifters you ran before they will still have oil in them as long as they haven't set for a long time. They will still give you a good pattern the oil really comes into play with load, your going to be turning it over by hand. I wouldn't think your going to get much more noise with that cam over stock.

Mike
Old 01-15-2012, 10:38 AM
OldYellerLsx
1st Gear

Default Ls6 Cam and parts

Originally Posted by JVetthead
I have a used '04 LS6 cam and springs I will let go if interested..
U still have the cam? An if so how much?

Quick Reply: LS6 Cam in LS1