C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 & C6 Corvette CV Joint Boot Repair Kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 09:34 AM
joe@zip
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Default C5 & C6 Corvette CV Joint Boot Repair Kits

Corvette CV Joint Boots

Though they may not seem like much your C5 or C6 Corvette’s Inner & Outer CV Joint Boots play a key role in keeping your Corvette on the road. They are prone to cracking or splitting, which can have multiple negative effects on the drive-ability of your Corvette. Besides allowing contamination into the CV joint itself and causing premature wear of the bearings, cracked CV joint boots allow grease to be slung out of the boot, which can saturate your Corvette’s Brakes. *This would not only cause an increase in braking distances but can also ruin your Corvette’s brake pads and rear rotors. If you have replaced your Corvette’s rear brake components or upgraded to performance brake pads & rotors, you know that brake rotor and pad replacements can get very expensive.

Until now the only sure way to avoid damage from bad CV joint boots was to replace the expensive CV axle shaft, which comes with new inner and outer CV joint boots. With the recent addition of our C5 & C6 Corvette Inner & Outer CV Joint Boot Kits you can now replace your Corvette’s CV joint boots without spending hundreds of dollars for the entire axle shaft. We have inner and outer CV joint boots for all C5, C6, Z06, Z51, Grand Sport, & ZR1 Corvettes. Each kit includes one inner or outer boot, clamps, & the correct amount of grease to replace a single boot.

Purchase online at Zip Corvette Parts

Read more Corvette Parts news...
Corvette Tech Articles

Last edited by joe@zip; 01-04-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:55 AM
joe@zip

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Fixed a grammar error, sorry for the confusion.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Eric D
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Are the boots the same stiffness and the GM replacement boots?
Old 01-05-2010, 07:43 AM
dcvee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric D
Are the boots the same stiffness and the GM replacement boots?
Yeah, great question. Some of the replacement ones expand at 150mph and tend to wrap themselves around the brake lines

What MPH warranty to we get?

Don
Old 01-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Zip Corvettes

Received 330 Likes on 191 Posts

These are the OEM boots, so they are the same stiffness as the ones on your car. Yes a softer boot could expand at speed.
Speed warranty, you would have to send in an Affidavit to your local police dept on how fast you were going first.

Last edited by Zip Corvettes; 01-05-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:19 PM
99silvercoupe
Instructor

Default cv

just did cv boot on my daily driver, passat 05, what a pain.....25 dollars from napa. next time will just buy the whole half axle. much easier, and less messy.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:35 PM
BOTTOMS UP
Instructor

Originally Posted by 99silvercoupe
just did cv boot on my daily driver, passat 05, what a pain.....25 dollars from napa. next time will just buy the whole half axle. much easier, and less messy.
Rockauto has the whole kit and kaboodle for less than 2 boot kits
Old 01-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Corvette Don
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I replaced my boot about a year ago, although it was a pain I would do it again if I had too. Good to see someone on the forum selling them, if I ever need another one I will get one through you.
Old 04-14-2023, 08:24 PM
tondelayo
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by joe@zip

Corvette CV Joint Boots

Though they may not seem like much your C5 or C6 Corvette’s Inner & Outer CV Joint Boots play a key role in keeping your Corvette on the road. They are prone to cracking or splitting, which can have multiple negative effects on the drive-ability of your Corvette. Besides allowing contamination into the CV joint itself and causing premature wear of the bearings, cracked CV joint boots allow grease to be slung out of the boot, which can saturate your Corvette’s Brakes. *This would not only cause an increase in braking distances but can also ruin your Corvette’s brake pads and rear rotors. If you have replaced your Corvette’s rear brake components or upgraded to performance brake pads & rotors, you know that brake rotor and pad replacements can get very expensive.

Until now the only sure way to avoid damage from bad CV joint boots was to replace the expensive CV axle shaft, which comes with new inner and outer CV joint boots. With the recent addition of our C5 & C6 Corvette Inner & Outer CV Joint Boot Kits you can now replace your Corvette’s CV joint boots without spending hundreds of dollars for the entire axle shaft. We have inner and outer CV joint boots for all C5, C6, Z06, Z51, Grand Sport, & ZR1 Corvettes. Each kit includes one inner or outer boot, clamps, & the correct amount of grease to replace a single boot.

Purchase online at Zip Corvette Parts

Read more Corvette Parts news...
Clicked on C5 outer boot, "404 Page Not Found"
Old 04-14-2023, 08:37 PM
feeder82
Melting Slicks

Received 991 Likes on 627 Posts

Originally Posted by tondelayo
Clicked on C5 outer boot, "404 Page Not Found"
Probably because that is a 13 year old post. I just tried and got the same message

Get notified of new replies

To C5 & C6 Corvette CV Joint Boot Repair Kits

Quick Reply: C5 & C6 Corvette CV Joint Boot Repair Kits