C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possibilities of my shifting problem.....please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:36 PM
blizzle
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Possibilities of my shifting problem.....please help

Okay so here goes. My car shifts great when cruising or even pretty aggressive driving but as soon as I try some nice WOT driving the shifting becomes an issue. I can always shift into 2nd but usually when I try 3rd gear or 4th the clutch pedal stays depressed like it's pushed in to shift only the car holds power and stays the gear it's in, it just won't shift or pop back up and I have to let it drive for a few seconds then I'll either reach down and pull the clutch pedal up or it'll simply release and I can normally drive. Hope this description isn't too vague but I can't figure out what it is. Any words that help are appreciated
Old 09-08-2009, 09:05 PM
jetmech09
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you can start by changing the clutch fluid to a D.O.T. #3. do a shearch on the forum , ther is plenty of info on this problem. that does not work you will need to Upgrade to the Z06 slave unit and lines. I did have the same problem and I upgraded. no moore clutch issues.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

You need to try to FLUSH the slave cylinder. Sometimes contaminated clutch fluid can cause this issue. Recommend getting a remote bleeder and installing it. If that doesn't work, its time for a new clutch, slave and throwout bearing. This a fairly common issue for all of us who have modded the car to produce over 400 RWHP, 400 ft/lbs TQ

BC
Old 09-08-2009, 09:09 PM
blizzle
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys, i wondered if the slave could be the culprit, so looks like fluid change asap.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Brandon619
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by blizzle
Thanks guys, i wondered if the slave could be the culprit, so looks like fluid change asap.
AH you have the dreaded sticky pedal. I hope the clutch fluid change helps you out but 9 times out of 10 you will have to replace the slave

Get notified of new replies

To Possibilities of my shifting problem.....please help

Quick Reply: Possibilities of my shifting problem.....please help