C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM P0410 Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 05:06 PM
mph1972
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Default PCM P0410 Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction

Well, my car is ticked. It throws this code almost daily and I had the air system tuned out of my last C5 so it is getting irritiating. I know that there is no real way around this, so my question is...

Does running/driving the car with this code/issue lead me into any other issues/concerns I need to worry about?

Will it hurt the car?

Information on this would be most useful.

Thanks,

Micah
Old 08-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Micah - I doubt it will hurt as the code is an indicator it failed the AIR test cycle on both sides during normal closed-loop operation. As you know, the AIR system is active during the first couple of minutes during cold starts to reduce emissions and is also tested periodically by the PCM as a normal part of engine operation.

I can send you the diagnostic if you email me your regular email address.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:44 PM
AveryCurry
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Patches
Micah - I doubt it will hurt as the code is an indicator it failed the AIR test cycle on both sides during normal closed-loop operation. As you know, the AIR system is active during the first couple of minutes during cold starts to reduce emissions and is also tested periodically by the PCM as a normal part of engine operation.

I can send you the diagnostic if you email me your regular email address.
This will not hurt or hinder drivability or create other problems. The AIR system is only active for the first 140 seconds or so of cold start. Primary purpose is to help the catalyst start burn more quickly to reduce emissions.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:47 AM
mph1972
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Thanks guys, I thought the same thing. No need to send me any further information on it, just being cautious.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:58 PM
k0ts
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too am getting codes so is there anyone in Minnesota who would "tune" out the AIR system for me?? Or can someone tell me which program tuners (DiabloSports, HP tuners, etc) will do the job??

thanks
joe
Old 04-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Mike Levitt
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi...first time poster here. I don't have the code number, but my mechanic said it was a secondary air injection system malfunction. I've got the 2001 base coupe, not the Z06. I've been told the likely cause is moisture accumulates in the air pump and eventually corrodes or freezes and damages the pump, but it is a California emmissions thing and is only active for the first couple minutes after start-up. But do I want to have the engine warning light on all the time? I understand the replacement kit is around $500 plus installation. Is there any way to "tune it out"?

Last edited by Mike Levitt; 04-26-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Insert vehicle year.
The following users liked this post:
SpeedRacerMach (03-29-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To PCM P0410 Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction

Quick Reply: PCM P0410 Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction