C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel gauge problum again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:23 AM
KCvetteowner
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KING Z06
Thanks alot man i went into my MANUAL DIAGNOSTICS and cleared the code and now the gauge is working again.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:28 PM
rjcamp
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
You may have to run a few tanks of techron through it before it really makes a difference. Very common problem.. I'm sure some others will have some insight!
I'm a new owner 2004 owner and that just happened to me a couple of times this month than stopped it started again yesterday. I reset the gauge and it has stopped for now. Sounds like I'll try the techron tomorrow and use it for the next several fill ups. Thanks
Old 07-30-2009, 10:42 AM
ghutch
Intermediate

Default To reset your codes so your gas gauge starts working again:

I've been following these threads ever since I found the "Bill Curley" post regarding grounding issues. I have a 97, and I too have the problem with the gas gauge showing the fuel level at start up, then immediately going to empty, the check gauge light comes on and DIC shows low fuel. I added Techron last week, cleared all the codes last night but the darn gauge will only operate for a few seconds before heading to empty. From the posts I've read, I'm to add Techron several times more with the hope that it starts working again. If this fails do I assume its the sensor or a bad gauge? Is there a way to troubleshoot these? Thanks for the assistance. Please excuse me if I failed to see this from the numerous threads regarding this problem.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:34 PM
rmsglass
Heel & Toe

I cannot tell you how valuable this information is. The Corvette Forum is the best!!
My gas gauge works well again. thanks so much
Rglass
Old 08-01-2009, 01:37 PM
rmsglass
Heel & Toe

Default Fuel gauge, DIC

I want to thank the forum members for providing info on the fuel gauge malfunction cure, the DIC code reset.

Proud to be a member and hopefully can add some value in return at some point.
rglassman

Quick Reply: Fuel gauge problum again!!!