C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Z06 wheel lock issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 11:13 PM
corvettejoe98
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 Z06 wheel lock issue

Ok guys, so my dad has an 01 C5 Z, he blew his trans when the car was new and GM replaced it but they took his wheel lock tool out of the car and now we dont have it. The regular C5 wheel lock tool is not the same. I looked EVERYWHERE and can not find a place to buy another C5 Z one and we really need it. Any ideas? Thanks guys!
Old 07-03-2009, 12:50 AM
KCvetteowner
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corvettejoe98
Ok guys, so my dad has an 01 C5 Z, he blew his trans when the car was new and GM replaced it but they took his wheel lock tool out of the car and now we dont have it. The regular C5 wheel lock tool is not the same. I looked EVERYWHERE and can not find a place to buy another C5 Z one and we really need it. Any ideas? Thanks guys!
Dealer can get you a new one probably just based on your vin. They eliminated them in 2002 so you might consider that option as well. There are tools to remove the locks most tire shops have them but be weary they may scratch your wheel in the process if they aren't careful. I have heard of some hammering a socket over the lock but again, if you aren't careful it could be a major pita....

Quick Reply: C5 Z06 wheel lock issue