C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 MAG Ride (F55) Shock Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 01:40 PM
RED99CPE
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2003 MAG Ride (F55) Shock Replacement

Well at 19000 Miles and 6.2 years it appears that the shocks on my 2003 Aniv Cpe are leaking. Have had it verified by several places I trust. Not real please with GM as the car has had a very soft life, over the road only, I would have thought they should have gone longer.

And yes I understand they are expensive but I'd like to stick with the original if possible.

Does anyone out there have a parts source where I could get the OEM replacements without the GM costs?

Any help would be appreciated
Old 05-30-2009, 02:02 PM
JAY KOCH
Instructor

Check with Gene Culley at http://www.gmpartshouse.com/, a forum vendor and great guy.
You could also try fleebay, thepartsladi http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Theparts...&submit=Search

Old 06-03-2009, 03:06 PM
RED99CPE
Advanced

Default C5 03 Mag Ride Shocks

Thanks For the info it gives me two me sources
Old 06-03-2009, 10:25 PM
timemender
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RED99CPE
Well at 19000 Miles and 6.2 years it appears that the shocks on my 2003 Aniv Cpe are leaking. Have had it verified by several places I trust. Not real please with GM as the car has had a very soft life, over the road only, I would have thought they should have gone longer.

And yes I understand they are expensive but I'd like to stick with the original if possible.

Does anyone out there have a parts source where I could get the OEM replacements without the GM costs?

Any help would be appreciated
If you ultimately decide that the price is too high, you can buy a resister kit that plugs into the wiring harness in place of the shocks. The kit contains four plug-in resistors with the correct corresponding plugs.

Then install the “regular” Z06 shocks that are very reasonably priced. You can always install the F55 shocks in the future.

Gene is the best source for both.

-

Get notified of new replies

To 2003 MAG Ride (F55) Shock Replacement

Quick Reply: 2003 MAG Ride (F55) Shock Replacement