C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPE's New **Widebody** Quarter Panels {PICS}

Old 05-13-2009, 08:24 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12
Default TPE's New **Widebody** Quarter Panels {PICS}

***UPDATE** NOW TAKING 50% DEPOSITS AND ORDERS TO SECURE THE VERY FIRST RUN.. DO NOT WAIT, AS WE WILL GO THOUGH ABOUT 50 SETS IN THE FIRST 2 WEEKS. THE FIRST TO PAY, BUMPS YOUR NAME ON THE LIST!!

TPE is proud to announce the introduction of our new signature widebody quarter panels. "The T2 Widebody"

After searching everywhere for a good looking widebody quarter panel, that did NOT look like some fenderflares were glued to a stock panel, we decided that the only way we were going to be satisfied is if we had the set made to "OUR" liking.

So what we did, was follow the actual bodyline of the C5. No harsh bodylines, no goofy styles, just a clean look, with an aggressive style.

These are a full 2"s wider than stock, and will allow for a 13" wheel, and 345 series tires with ZERO tubbing or rubbing.

So what you will get, is a panel that fits, and fits well. They are NOT made with "Blowglass". They are made from full sheets of hand laid fiberglass, and gelcoated to perfection..

Currently, we havent decided if we want to keep the side marker, or eliminate it (like in the picture"). I guess it all boils down to customer demand. But in the beginning, we will probably just keep it.

What do you get??
  • Left and Right Side Panels
  • Inner wheel well extensions
  • General Instructions

Price??
  • The initial sets will be offered at $899.00 per pair.. (Plus Shipping of course)

What body style will they be offered in??
  • Coupe
  • Vert
  • Z06/FRC

So not only will you be getting an extremely high quality set of panels, but you wont have to break the bank..

We are setting up an initial intrest list for the first 25 guys. These panels will be available for shipment within right around 45 days. Right now, were just putting the final touches on the production molds, and will begin panel production in about 3 weeks. We will then begin stocking roughly 8 per week.

By the 1st of the year, we will be releasing our FRONT widebody panels that will have the very same look. They to, will be offered at $899.00. We are almost finished with the panels for the initial mold.

You can also expect to see these offered from the top vendors on this forum. The dealers whom we currently work with, will also be able to get these for you. So please be sure to talk to your favorite shop, and request they get you a set.

So guys, whos up for FINALLY having a widebody panel that matches the car, yet has an unbelieveably aggressive look???

The pictures of the panel on the car, are NOT bolted on. It is just set on there so you could get the feel of the bodyline. Also, the rear fascia is also just hanging there. That is why there is gaps.

Last edited by Jeff @ TPE; 07-03-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:46 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts

You guys should come up with a paintable mud flap setup(similar to the C6 Z06) that acutally fits well.....that would be cool.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:00 PM
RoccoC5
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I love the look of those! Maybe I should hold off on the 19x11" wheels so I can go with these fenders and go wider! +1 vote to keep the side markers...
Old 05-14-2009, 06:45 AM
roushraven
Coolest Guy Evar!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put me on the list.

-RR
Old 05-14-2009, 08:10 AM
supercoupe01
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job, they look nice. Those fender flares look close to stock. I have 19 x 13's with 355's on my car with the LPE mini tub kit but still not happy how the tires stick out past the fenders.

Last edited by supercoupe01; 05-14-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:48 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Super product Jeff.

I definitely see a set in my future.

Kevin
Old 05-14-2009, 12:10 PM
T A WS6 M6
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotta tell ya, I think these are he best looking fender flares out there, now. I was thinking about getting some L5s and then filling the creases some to get this same look, but now I can just buy them.......can't lose.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:10 PM
TUF-NUF
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: kent ct - "if i'm not in the vette, i damn well better be on the yacht."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

How about some more pics after install and paint????? Very interested.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Slow Z06
Le Mans Master

can someone email me the pics or put it on imagesahck. cant see them from work
Old 05-14-2009, 01:23 PM
BountyHunter11
Advanced

Do you have a website? I cannot see the pics you posted for some reason...
Old 05-14-2009, 02:10 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

I appologize for our website. We are still finishing it up. Were adding content literally every day. I never realized how difficult it really was to build a website..

It would be my pleasure to send you the photos to your email.

http://www.totalperformanceengineeri...ex.php?cPath=6

Originally Posted by BountyHunter11
Do you have a website? I cannot see the pics you posted for some reason...
Old 05-14-2009, 02:21 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Its currently in production..

I really appreciate all of the kind words guys. I appologize for the crappy pictures. I was so excited to get our first set, that I just had to post the pictures.

We are currently working on getting a few sets on a few cars to display how they look in finished and painted form. But I can assure you, these panels, look like they could have come from the factory this way. I am a fanatic about aftermarket body panels. I was terrified about putting a fiberglass panel on a composite car. But after fitting them, and feeling how close they are to factory, all concerns went away.
I am just like you guys.. I dont want some sh!tty fiberglass panel that doesnt match the car to be installed.

Just wait till you see the fronts...

The instrest has been enormous. Be expecting to see these everywhere in the coming months. Anyone who knows me, knows the type of work I do. You can bet your butt, you will have zero concerns when you order a set.

You will get immediate shipping, you'll actually get a tracking number, and your panels will be gelcoated and ready for the bodyshop to slap these on.

BTW, Due to overwhelming responce, we will be keeping the side marker lights.
Originally Posted by lucky131969
You guys should come up with a paintable mud flap setup(similar to the C6 Z06) that acutally fits well.....that would be cool.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:38 PM
DEATHPROOF
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like a side marker but I dont like the similar panels I have seen on here where it is jammed up against the flare.If you could move it over where it wasnt more crowded.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:00 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

That is actually exactly what we had to do. They widening of the panel caused the marker light to get in the way. We had 2 choices. 1) Either make the panels look goofy with a tight body line. 2) Move it over/up about 1" and allow the panel to flow..

That is EXACTLY what we did.. We tried to put as much thought into the panel as possible.
Originally Posted by SCOTT HARRISON
I would like a side marker but I dont like the similar panels I have seen on here where it is jammed up against the flare.If you could move it over where it wasnt more crowded.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:06 PM
0DAVID@VASPEED
Former Vendor

Really looking forward to seeing a set on and painted from more than a few feet away to get an idea of how it fits in the whole scheme of things. Looks like a great panel so far, more than I can say about most vette widebody panels.

*EDIT* Are you guys also doing the bar/cage work? If so are you using a kit or is it custom?

Last edited by DAVID@VASPEED; 05-14-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:12 PM
11sec_C5Z51
Racer

umm negative ghostrider
Old 05-14-2009, 09:29 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Hey Now..... We want to appeal to everyones taste. Even the guys who want mudflaps on their Corvette..

Originally Posted by 11sec_C5Z51
umm negative ghostrider

Get notified of new replies

To TPE's New **Widebody** Quarter Panels {PICS}

Old 05-14-2009, 11:44 PM
cwalsh
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very Very cool looking
Chris
Old 05-15-2009, 12:01 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! That would be friggen EXCELLENT!

BC
Old 05-15-2009, 12:53 AM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff @ TPE

Hey Now..... We want to appeal to everyones taste. Even the guys who want mudflaps on their Corvette..
Well, they are not mud flats per se, but in the same vane as the C6 Z06. The wide body kit is fine, but it only covers the top of the tire, which is quite useless actually. It's nice to have something to continue the line aft, and catch all the crap you are slinging.

No biggie, other vendors make em.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TPE's New **Widebody** Quarter Panels {PICS}