C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fix for TCS 1214

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 10:10 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Default Fix for TCS 1214

On the DIC, service traction control system, service abs. pull the code --28-TCS 1214. Code reads: Sol Valve Relay Contact or Coil Open. anyone have the fix for this. I'm supposed to run a track on sunday, figure might need it. I pulled the wheels and took apart the connectors at the wheel sensors, look clean, no apparent broken/disconnected wires.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

George

Unfortunitly the problem that your expierencing is a bad relay thats internal to the EBTCM. Nothing short of replacing that relay with a new one will solve the issue. Its not just a plug and play replacement. You have to remove the EBTCM side of the EBTCM/BPMV assy (six screws and 2 connectors). Once its removed, send it to ABS Fixer and he will install a new and improved relay for a grand total of $150. That includes a life time warranty.

Call Brian (ABS Fixer ) and see if he can overnight you one of his rebuilt cores if he has any extras laying around. Then just send him yours back as a core for rebuild for someone else. MAkE sure that you get the SAME series EBTCM or you will have issues.

If all that isnt an option, just run in OFF mode and be SAFE!

Wish there was some magic fix or simple procedure to follow.

Bill Curlee
Old 03-17-2009, 11:16 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
George

Unfortunitly the problem that your expierencing is a bad relay thats internal to the EBTCM. Nothing short of replacing that relay with a new one will solve the issue. Its not just a plug and play replacement. You have to remove the EBTCM side of the EBTCM/BPMV assy (six screws and 2 connectors). Once its removed, send it to ABS Fixer and he will install a new and improved relay for a grand total of $150. That includes a life time warranty.

Call Brian (ABS Fixer ) and see if he can overnight you one of his rebuilt cores if he has any extras laying around. Then just send him yours back as a core for rebuild for someone else. MAkE sure that you get the SAME series EBTCM or you will have issues.

If all that isnt an option, just run in OFF mode and be SAFE!

Wish there was some magic fix or simple procedure to follow.

Bill Curlee
Thanks Bill, I appreciate the feedback. I did a search, and this was pretty much the path I thought I would have to follow. I've been running it pretty hard on the street without traction control or abs just to get used to it, we'll see. thanks again.

Get notified of new replies

To Fix for TCS 1214

Quick Reply: Fix for TCS 1214