C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airconditioner + Wind shield wiper issue.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 05:06 AM
AviatorVette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airconditioner + Wind shield wiper issue.

hi guys I own a 97 vette. Ever since I bought the car there has been a problem with the a/c. When I click on the ac button it just blinks twice and nothing happens. I tried reading the engine codes and the code I got was "left actuator not grounded" anyone know what the issue with it is?

Windshield wipers.

The wipers just suddenly started going off for no reason even if they were turned off.. Ever time I accelerated the wipers started to work and once i braked they stopped.. this was a problem so I removed the fuse .. I need them to work again.. waht can i do?
Old 02-07-2009, 08:20 AM
jraddington
Heel & Toe

Default Ac

Aviator,

I don't know if this will help, but if you have the AC in Auto mode or in Defrost, it will have the AC on. If you try to hit the AC button it will blink twice telling you that its already on and doesn't want to turn it off...

I would check your connectors and ground locations. Take a look at Bill Curlee's sticky at the top of C5 Tech section, he goes into great detail about the ground locations. He's saved my butt several times!!!

- Josh
Old 02-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

The wiper motor is most likely under water because your cowl drains are clogged:

Heres a pic of the rubber udders that are full of nasty crap.

Stick your hand in here and you can reach the udders. They pop out of the cowl easily:

BC
Old 02-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,956 Likes on 5,345 Posts

Can't find a description like you mention although code B0361 is close to what you describe. You should state the code not the description.

Here is the diagnostic for B0361.

Bill

DTC B0361 Left Actuator Feedback Short to GND

DTC B0361 - LH Electric Actuator Feedback Short (CJ2)

Step
Action
Value(s)
Yes
No

1. Disconnect the LH electric actuator connector.
  2. Start the engine. <LI type=1>Allow the engine to reach its operating temperature.
  3. Set the HVAC programmer module AUTO mode to 16°C (60°F).
  4. Use a DMM to measure the voltage between terminal 10 of the LH electric actuator connector and ground.
Is the voltage within the specified range?
4.5 - 5.5V
Go to Step 3
Go to Step 2
Locate and repair an open or a high resistance in CKT 1791 between the LH electric actuator connector and S201.
Is the repair complete?
--
Go to Step 6
--
Use a DMM to measure the voltage between terminal 9 of the LH electric actuator connector and ground.
Is the voltage within the specified range?
4.5 - 5.5V
Go to Step 5
Go to Step 4
Locate and repair a short to ground in CKT 783. If CKT is OK, replace the HVAC programmer module. Refer to HVAC Programmer Module in Automatic Air Conditioning.
Is the repair complete?
--
Go to Step 6
--
Locate and repair an open or high resistance in CKT 1796. If the CKT is OK, replace the LH electric actuator. Refer to LH Electric Actuator in Automatic Air Conditioning.
Is the replacement complete?
--
Go to Step 6
--

1. Press the A/C mode button on the HVAC programmer module. OR
  2. Use a scan tool to clear the DTCs from memory.
Are the DTCs cleared from memory?
--
Recheck the System Operation
--
Old 02-10-2009, 04:37 AM
AviatorVette
Advanced

Originally Posted by jraddington
Aviator,

I don't know if this will help, but if you have the AC in Auto mode or in Defrost, it will have the AC on. If you try to hit the AC button it will blink twice telling you that its already on and doesn't want to turn it off...

I would check your connectors and ground locations. Take a look at Bill Curlee's sticky at the top of C5 Tech section, he goes into great detail about the ground locations. He's saved my butt several times!!!

- Josh
thank bro the automode thingy didnt work.. i gotta check bill curless sticky i guess.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:52 PM
AviatorVette
Advanced

I pulled out the rubber udders cleaned them and plugged them back. Plugged in the fuse again. The wipers didnt work for a while.. they start working again ( now I know there is no problem with the motor since they work properly ) the only problem is that even if I put it on the turn off position they still work normally.. its very frustrating... I pulled out the fuse again.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by AviatorVette
I pulled out the rubber udders cleaned them and plugged them back. Plugged in the fuse again. The wipers didnt work for a while.. they start working again ( now I know there is no problem with the motor since they work properly ) the only problem is that even if I put it on the turn off position they still work normally.. its very frustrating... I pulled out the fuse again.
The wiper control module on the bottom side of the motor is trashed because it got wet. Pick up a new one from autozone. Keep those drain udders clean.

BC
Old 02-22-2009, 12:20 AM
Eddie 70
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Ci 6, 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Thanks for the tip on the drain udders. I would never have known to look for them. Are there others on the opposite side of the car? Well worth cleaning them out as part of routine maintenance if it will keep the wiper problem the OP is having at bay.

Get notified of new replies

To Airconditioner + Wind shield wiper issue.

Quick Reply: Airconditioner + Wind shield wiper issue.