C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Remove Connector from Oil Level Sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 08:42 PM
easyasone2three
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Remove Connector from Oil Level Sensor?

What is the trick?

My header burned the wires. I replaced the starter last week and apparently moving the burned wires around has caused a short and the "Low Oil Level" keeps comming up. If I get the connector unplugged can I pull enough slack in the wires to splice in new wire and cover with some heat insulation?
Old 11-19-2008, 05:35 AM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by easyasone2three
What is the trick?

My header burned the wires. I replaced the starter last week and apparently moving the burned wires around has caused a short and the "Low Oil Level" keeps comming up. If I get the connector unplugged can I pull enough slack in the wires to splice in new wire and cover with some heat insulation?
Use a small flathead screwdriver to lift the plastic clip locking it into place.

No idea about the wiring issues.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:45 AM
rws.1
Race Director

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

There is a locking clip in the top side. As per the previous post a small flat head screw driver can get under it and lift the clip up so the connector can be pulled out. The locking clip is similar to those under the hood with a hole in the center of a tab. The when pushed up the tab rides up and over a post on the other half. you have to lift the tab to get it to slide over the post.

There is very little slack 2-3 inches maybe.
My original manifold melted the insulation on the wiring. When I installed my headers I found the problem and just re insulated the wires and put new plastic loom over it. I should have used hot socks type heat shield. I found it after the fact at a local speed shop.
I now have the problem again and the only way I can figure out to repair it is to drop the passenger side header.
It will be one of this winter's projects.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:37 PM
easyasone2three
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks.

I don't know what I was thinking, I sould have fixed the wiring when I had the header loose and the starter out last week.

I was under there with a light and mirror and I think I see now how the connector comes apart. I am hoping that when disconnected that I can pull some slack up from the top and splice in some new wire then drop the connector back down behind the starter. If not then out comes the starter again.

Get notified of new replies

To How to Remove Connector from Oil Level Sensor?

Quick Reply: How to Remove Connector from Oil Level Sensor?