C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

yaw sensor

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 10:03 PM
run and gun
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yaw sensor

i keep getting the 1282 code and service active handling. the code says it is a yaw rate bias circut fault. there is a some kind of set screw attached to the bracket that holds the yaw rate sensor in place, i am thinking that the sensor needs alignment. anyone have any information on this subject. thanks for any help. jim
Old 10-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,585 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

There are TWO accelerometer sensors on you car. One directy below the radio and one in the passengers foot well near the inboard seat rail (just forward of where it bolts to the floor.) You will need to look under the carpet. My guess is that that sensor got wet or damaged (its common) . Thats where i would check first. Cant remember which sensor is which. The other one thats under the radio can get wiring damage during console removal.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,958 Likes on 5,346 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
There are TWO accelerometer sensors on you car. One directy below the radio and one in the passengers foot well near the inboard seat rail (just forward of where it bolts to the floor.) You will need to look under the carpet. My guess is that that sensor got wet or damaged (its common) . Thats where i would check first. Cant remember which sensor is which. The other one thats under the radio can get wiring damage during console removal.
Yaw sensor is under the radio while the lateral G sensor is under the passenger seat.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To yaw sensor

Quick Reply: yaw sensor