C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 04:07 PM
ByeOfcr
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Exhaust question

I have the borla off road/straight pipe exhaust from the cat back. I dont mind the sound of that at all but im curious what kind of hp gains would i get if i removed my cats? Would their be more gain replacing my cats with cutouts? Anyone removed their cats and have the straight pipe exhaust? If someone has a vid of their car with the same set up with no cats id like to hear it, thanks.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:45 PM
ByeOfcr
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there has to be someone out there with this set up
Old 10-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Having CATs will cost you about 5 damn HP. Unless your car is strictly a rack car, forget about it. Its just not worth it to remove them. Removing them will cause the car to emit NOXIS fumes that you will eventually get very tired of dealing with. There are too many people here on the forum that removed them only to reinstall them because of the smell. Get some high flow cats and thats the best of both worlds.

Not being a GREEN ***** but, unless you like your car to reak of exhaust fumes, GO FOR IT. If my car was a track car, it wouldnt have CAATs either. Daily drivers are a whole different story.

BC

Get notified of new replies

To Exhaust question

Quick Reply: Exhaust question