C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tail lights and brake lights not working.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 08:58 PM
jon's2001
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail lights and brake lights not working.

I have a 2001 C5.. Last night as I was driving around both the Turn signals and the Brake lights stop working. I hit the leaver up and down on the column few times and the arrow lights started back blinking. Then they stoped, did the same thing with the leaver again and now they are both working... Has anyone else had this problem or heard of it happening? What's got me, are the brake lights not working. I thought they were on a different circuit than the turn signals. The speed control and the head lights never stoped working. This is the first time I've seen this happen. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:57 PM
BuckIVette
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2000 C5 (56k miles) and I have had the same thing happen to me 2-3 times in the last month. Only at night. I am not sure about the brake lights, but my wife recalls driving behind me during one of the incidents and she thinks the brake lights were out too.

The turn signals just start working on their own eventually. I do nothing special. Strange.

Any ideas from you excellent Corvette experts out there?
Old 07-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Eric D
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Bad hazard flasher which will effect turn signals and sometimes brake lights. Here is a link to what you need to do.... http://myweb.cableone.net/kd5fx/HSwitch/HSwitch.htm

Get notified of new replies

To Tail lights and brake lights not working.

Quick Reply: Tail lights and brake lights not working.