C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Corsa Daytona Exhaust sounds like a farm truck.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 11:19 PM
thmupr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My Corsa Daytona Exhaust sounds like a farm truck.....

Like I said... Sounds like a farm truck when I let off the gas. Kinda like the old glasspacks. Anyone else have this issue? I thought I might have an exhaust leak up front sucking in cold air when I let off the gas, but I have not found one.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:23 AM
big red vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you mean it pops and burbles when you let off thats normal for cat backs
Old 07-17-2008, 12:54 AM
itzza427
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by big red vette
if you mean it pops and burbles when you let off thats normal for cat backs
Yep when the RPM drops into the lower range it will do a little crackle popping,,in particular if you have the stock H pipe.I kinda like it in my Corsa Touring!! An X pipe will make a very noticeable reduction if you don't like it. The stock H pipe has only a tiny 1/2" hole in the side wall of the main pipe at the crossover section,thus virtually no flow balancing effect!!
Old 07-17-2008, 03:03 AM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by itzza427
Yep when the RPM drops into the lower range it will do a little crackle popping,,in particular if you have the stock H pipe.I kinda like it in my Corsa Touring!! An X pipe will make a very noticeable reduction if you don't like it. The stock H pipe has only a tiny 1/2" hole in the side wall of the main pipe at the crossover section,thus virtually no flow balancing effect!!
I love my AR Headers, Corsa Touring w/ X-pipe. I also love the gurgle/pop.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:58 AM
thmupr
Burning Brakes

I have a Bassani X pipe on the car now. Not sure if any other mods were done, these were on the car when I bought it. It really sound pretty loud to me, not sure if maybe the previous owner might have gutted the cats..
Old 07-17-2008, 10:36 AM
EStreeter
Burning Brakes

I have the Daytona Touring exhaust from Corsa. It has never sounded like a "Farm Truck." Do you mean its loud or the exhaust note is unpleasant? It is a little louder when cold but it is never obnoxious and it screams at WOT. The vid is a cold start - Kooks LTs, Hi-flow cats and X-pipe mid section.

I did the catbacks first on a stock mid section and manifolds. Then I added headers and an x-pipe with the stock cats. Finally put in hi-flow cats. Each change modified the sound a little bit but it has never been bad.
Corsas have a lifetime warranty to the original buyer. If you bought the catbacks new I would call Corsa for warranty support if you think you have a problem.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:16 AM
thmupr
Burning Brakes

Unfortunately they were on the car when I bought it, so now warranty. That sux because one of the tips has formed a crack in the back on the bottom. The sound is fine under acceleration, not too loud, sounds nice. I just have a lot of "popping" when I let off the accelerator, like glass packs. I need to pull off the cats and see if the previous owner may have gutted the cats, I have heard that can make for a decel pop.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:37 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

I've got the Corsa Pace edition with those "Daytona" tips, and they kind of act like a megaphone, and magnify sound pulses. Mine is LG LTs, HF cats, and 3" to the catback, and though it's very loud, the decel popping is minimal. Don't know why it would be so bad on a mostly stock system with an X.

Get notified of new replies

To My Corsa Daytona Exhaust sounds like a farm truck.....

Quick Reply: My Corsa Daytona Exhaust sounds like a farm truck.....