C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake/throttle body coupler

Old 12-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Intake/throttle body coupler

If you had the option would you use a hump hose or a straight hose coupler between a CAI and the throttle body. I'm thinking the hump hose would disrupt the airflow more than the straight hose???
Old 12-14-2010, 07:36 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Last C5
If you had the option would you use a hump hose or a straight hose coupler between a CAI and the throttle body. I'm thinking the hump hose would disrupt the airflow more than the straight hose???
How does air get disrupted, when it has no other path? No carb, no venturi for fuel air mixing.. You either feed the engine with a require volume of air, or you don't. Laminar flow cannot be achieved in that short a distance, so all you need worry about, is the volume.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Jnape
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky131969
How does air get disrupted, when it has no other path? No carb, no venturi for fuel air mixing.. You either feed the engine with a require volume of air, or you don't. Laminar flow cannot be achieved in that short a distance, so all you need worry about, is the volume.
Agreed, but turbulance in front of the MAF especially an unscreened MAF will cause inacurate readings. I moved my MAF to right at the TB and use a vararam C6 Snakecharmer intake. I have a hump hose to make the angle from TB to MAF. No issues because the hose is post MAF.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:59 PM
Dale002
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Old 12-17-2010, 01:34 AM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Volume I think I'll have. I'll be using a Killer Bee II CAI and an LS7 probe type MAF sensor. I was thinking that it was best to keep the flow as smooth as possible right up to the throttle body. The short distance you are referring to is from where to where? And I'm not sure I really understand the term laminar flow. Sort of wandering in the dark here.

Get notified of new replies

To Intake/throttle body coupler

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Intake/throttle body coupler