C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Wipers Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 01:22 PM
Ericray
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Windshield Wipers Stuck

Hi, my 2002 Z06 windshield wipers are stuck on the windshield. Tried searching the threads but need help. Where exactly is the wiper motor and also the udders. Not sure if pressure washer would do the job for the udders. I've had the car since 2005 and just drive occasionally. Any help with pics or your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Also is there anywhere I can get a manual that is decent.
Old 08-07-2016, 04:04 PM
Carl Timonen
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

When you say stuck on the windshield, do you mean the blades are stuck, or the wiper arms aren't in the park position? The wiper motor is under the cowl on the drivers side. You need to remove the wiper arms then remove the cowl. The udders can be found on the far left side of the wiper motor tray. You'll see three low spots, on the under side are the udders. The same on the passenger side. When you find them, add some water, then reach from beneath and milk them like *****. That should clean them out.
Old 08-13-2016, 02:25 PM
Ericray
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thanks Carl.

Originally Posted by Carl Timonen
When you say stuck on the windshield, do you mean the blades are stuck, or the wiper arms aren't in the park position? The wiper motor is under the cowl on the drivers side. You need to remove the wiper arms then remove the cowl. The udders can be found on the far left side of the wiper motor tray. You'll see three low spots, on the under side are the udders. The same on the passenger side. When you find them, add some water, then reach from beneath and milk them like *****. That should clean them out.
Thanks Carl. Just getting back on the forum. I'll give what you said a try when it's gets a little cooler out. I think the udders need cleaning too. My neighbor had an oak tree that has them dran whirly birds so I think things are stuffed up. I'll probably just drive it like it is. The wipers just came on when I was driving it and just stopped on the windshield. I've only put about 6k on the car when I bought it. It only has 18k total miles.

Get notified of new replies

To Windshield Wipers Stuck

Quick Reply: Windshield Wipers Stuck