C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Melted PCV hose

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 04:35 PM
ClevelandTim
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Melted PCV hose

Guys,
I noticed my PCV hose was melted on my C5. Picked up a new one and will throw it on this weekend. Question is where does the drivers side part of the hose plug in? Passenger side has the pcv can that plugs into the valve cover. Cant really tell where the other end plugs in based on the original parts melted condition. Pic of my melted part and replacement for reference.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:47 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by ClevelandTim
Guys,
I noticed my PCV hose was melted on my C5. Picked up a new one and will throw it on this weekend. Question is where does the drivers side part of the hose plug in? Passenger side has the pcv can that plugs into the valve cover. Cant really tell where the other end plugs in based on the original parts melted condition. Pic of my melted part and replacement for reference.
Here is a schematic for your PCV System. The connection is at the rear part of the drivers valve cover.

If you flip the passengers cover around, it would be in the same hole where the Oil fill would be but that hole has a fitting in it for the PCV hose.

Bill
Old 08-13-2016, 07:00 PM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 429 Likes on 398 Posts

When the new one comes out of the bag it will seem a little distorted. You just sort of have to work it around.

Get notified of new replies

To Melted PCV hose

Quick Reply: Melted PCV hose