C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

meziere water pump, oops i ****** up?

Old 06-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Blackpixi7
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default meziere water pump, oops i ****** up?

Ok, I just installed the meziere electric ls1 water pump on my 99' c5, and used the thermostat that came with it already installed. Since the instructions from meziere said nothing about drilling two holes in the thermostat, I didn't and just threw it in. Now, When I try to start the car, I can't tell if the pump is on, and the temp rises faster all the way to 150 degrees at idle in my driveway. I can smell heat coming from the engine compartment right from the heads.

I also used the grey wire in the fuse panel on the passenger side fuse panel underhood. It's for the fuel pump, mini relay 35, but I think the panel is damaged right where the mini relay 35 sits because it's uneven and I can see the little metal female connectors are crushed. So now, when the fuse 35 just wiggles the SLIGHTEST bit, the fuel pump cuts out and *supposedly the water pump too* and the car dies.

What should I do
Old 06-17-2008, 01:25 AM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

did you see this
http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=27

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: meziere water pump, oops i ****** up?