C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fumes in cockpit

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 04:09 PM
2win screw
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fumes in cockpit

Just wondering if any of you guys ever get a exhausty fumy smell in the interior while driving. I am not sure if the exhaust fumes are blowing back in the direction of the windows or if comes in from somewhere else. Anyone else ever experience this?
Old 10-04-2008, 10:52 AM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I have had this too and it's usually when my windows have been open also. I think part of it is cause my exhaust is kinda tuckedunder the car yet and not out past the rear facia enought and it could be back drafting up that way. That my only opinion on it. it could be something else though
Old 10-04-2008, 11:20 AM
01_torch_red_vette
Pro

what exhaust set up do you have. the camaro i used to have would give some good exhaust smells when sitting still, but that was with a cam, headers, no cats, and aftermarket muffler. i havent started modding the vette yet, and havent noticed any exhaust smells so far
Old 10-04-2008, 11:37 AM
87SAM
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by 01_torch_red_vette
what exhaust set up do you have. the camaro i used to have would give some good exhaust smells when sitting still, but that was with a cam, headers, no cats, and aftermarket muffler. i havent started modding the vette yet, and havent noticed any exhaust smells so far
I know you are pretty well modded, have you recently removed the cats?
Old 10-05-2008, 04:25 AM
Mewn
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 87SAM
I know you are pretty well modded, have you recently removed the cats?
When I removed my cats I had a massive fuming problem. When I redid my exhaust I used LG Longtubes, racing cats with no mufflers and I never smelled fumes again. No cats was the problem. And my exhaust sounds amazing. During normal driving it is fine and when you kick it in it is thunder. I pull up next to cops all the time with no problems.

Get notified of new replies

To Fumes in cockpit

Quick Reply: Fumes in cockpit