C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Actuator Passenger Side

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Flagstaff_Vette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Actuator Passenger Side

Well my C5 is blowing hot on the ladies, cold on me.... That may not be the worst idea... BUT....

If I have to tear down the dash, what ELSE should I look for / fix while the dash is on the bench?

Should I replace BOTH actuators as in if one goes out, the other will go out right after I put the dash back together?

Ideas?

-Stock 2000 C5 Coupe, 51,500 miles average 27.5 mpg..... "My Economy Car"
Old 04-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,585 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

There are TWO possibilities that can cause this issue. Before you tear down the dash, you will need to figure out which problem that you have.

First thing to do is READ THE DTCs! If the control actuator are at fault, it will throw a DTC/s. Read and post the DTCs . I would also try to electronically fix the issue. Turn the HVAC OFF and then reset the HVAC DTCs. Then turn the HVAC on and see if the cooling works normal and the codes remain cleared.

If that doesn't solve the issue, the freon could be LOW. Yep,,that will cause the issue your expierencing. Before you cram more R-134 in the system (too much is worse than too low! ) have the system check for proper operating pressures.

BC
Old 04-20-2008, 11:35 AM
patton
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

pull the 2 fuses [i dont recall which ones] wait 5 mins. reinstall,turn key on dont start for i min. then start car. this resets the doors.mine acted like yours for 3 months while i debated on pulling the dash,then they started working again

Get notified of new replies

To AC Actuator Passenger Side

Quick Reply: AC Actuator Passenger Side