C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blackwing Cleaning kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 03:25 PM
steves65korvette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blackwing Cleaning kit

Does anyone know where I can pick up a Blackwing cleaning kit in the Dallas area? I know I can order one but I thought it might give me a reason to drive to Dallas and maybe hit a good restaurant while there as well....lol........Any help would be appreciated !

Steve

p.s. Corvettes of Dallas have them on their web page but none in stock.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:01 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Did you try CORVETTES OF HOUSTON?
While not in TX, here's a site supporting vendor with a sale going on (BLACKWING cleaning kit included in the sale)...you might find something else that you just can't live without...
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...&highlight=slp
Old 02-07-2008, 05:06 PM
AJay
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I have one that I got from Corvettes of Houston. You might give them a try.

Mine came with a spray can of blue oil. Along with the kit was a notice that to properly oil the filter, you have to send away for the "new and improved" applicator that allows you to apply oil to the ridges of the filter one row at a time thus applying the correct amount of oil and preventing over-oiling. Now I don't want to use my kit!! Has anybody had any problems with the spray can method? Should I spend the extra bucks for the applicator??
Old 02-07-2008, 05:13 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

The reason so many people complain about the MAF being contaminated with oil from after market oil gauze filters is because they tend to over oil the filter media. The aerosol spray application exacerbates that habit.
S&B FILTERS came out with the small applicator a few years ago. S&B FILTERS might be the supplier for the BLACKWING cleaning kit now. I've read some have received the S&B cleaning kit when they've ordered the cleaning kit for their BLACKWING.
If the instructions are followed and the applicator is filled accordingly, that should reduce the chances of over oiling the filter media and contaminating the MAF.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:15 PM
AJay
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Yup

S&B is what I got from C of H when I ordered my Blackwing kit except it came with a spray can.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:20 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Send a message or call to S&B FILTERS (in CA)...I'd bet they'll send you an applicator for free. They're a great company to deal with. Tell them you received the cleaning kit and didn't receive the applicator.
I've used them to custom make filters to my specifications. They made the filters in two days and charged me about the same as an off the shelf K&N filter would cost.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:26 PM
steves65korvette
Racer

Thanks for all the replies! I will check into these !!!! Have a good one !!!! Steve
Old 02-09-2008, 02:25 PM
steves65korvette
Racer

Just in case anyone needs a kit, Speedtek on North Buckner says they have them. I am going by today to pick one up. Steve
Old 02-10-2008, 01:07 AM
steves65korvette
Racer

Forget that last post. Speedtek does NOT have the Blackwing filter cleaning kit. They had a K and N instead, which I refused. Steve

Get notified of new replies

To Blackwing Cleaning kit

Quick Reply: Blackwing Cleaning kit